Views: 14008|Replies: 122

Are we trusted by the government?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-8-6 22:21:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KristaChen at 2014-8-6 22:36

I was totally irritated by a phone call from the local communicate ten minutes ago. It was the most disgusting phone call that I have ever wanted to answer. Usually, they call at least two times each year to urge married women to get a check based on the birth control policy in order to stop those who attempt to have a second child. The check is done twice a year during summer and winter holiday, sometimes it is just around the Spring Festival and certainly reduces the happy atmosphere a lot.  

As for me, I have never wanted to give birth again because of so many reasons.

Firstly, I was already 39 when I got married in 2010 and have my little daughter at the same year. It almost cost half of my life when laying on the operation desk to born my baby. All I remembered was when the sharp knife cut my belly, the doctor said:” please do not complain about my skill if you found your scar was not straight in the future, because your pregnant line on your belly was not straight.” My brain was blank at that moment, later; I understood it was the doctor’s fault, there was only one straight line on my belly and I am not like other pregnant, my belly skin was clean with no texture. She was too nervous to do the operation. The pain was unforgettable. I wasn’t able to breast feed my baby due to my weak body.

Secondly, I have already applied one-child family certification and promised not to have one more child.

Thirdly, my husband and I work at two different cities; the chance for us to get pregnant is totally none.

What’s more, I have already had my check on August 4. Why don’t they check the record before making phone calls? I guess those community workers just sit in their comfortable air-conditioning office and make free phone calls for their bonus. They never called me and asked how my health and my daughter were; they never gave any gifts to praise my one-child family. And as we all known, well-educate a child takes a fortune and I am not rich enough to well-educate more than one.

Meanwhile, many women at my age have two kids. Some are much younger than me; some of my former students came to visit me with their two children. Earlier this year, one of my colleagues quitted her job to born her second child. Farmers can have more than one child, so does ethnic minorities. People will have all kinds of ways to born more children if they really wanted.  

Now, I felt being disturbed and not trusted at all.  I can't help thinking what might happen if I refused such a check. Last winter, I had a fever and was in hospital for days. when they called, i said i was too sick to get a check and i was threatened it might harm my daughter's future and my own career promotion by the community worker...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-6 22:34:41 |Display all floors
after readin your long IP i'm not sure what to do or not to do in the near future when i do meet a lady of my future...and before i go just wanna say, how're you doin  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-7 00:08:29 |Display all floors
Wish you good luck ,take it easy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-7 02:16:39 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Use magic tools Report

Use magic tools Report

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.