Author: hedan011

It's a girl!!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-11 20:22:44 |Display all floors

free babysitter...

Wendy, are you anywhere near Hangzhou????

D.H.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-11 21:41:16 |Display all floors

advice for hubuddie

From what I've learned these past 10 days, there are 4 keys to taking care of a newborn baby:

1 -- keep baby fed.  Nature has assigned this job to my wife.

2 -- keep baby in clean diapers.  You've got to change them umpteen times a day.  In our family, this is mostly my job.  It's actually not as disgusting as I was afraid it would be.

3 -- keep baby soothed and comfortable.  Basically this means hold the baby, talk to the baby, sing to the baby, etc.  Let baby know that you're there and you love her, so that she feels safe and not afraid of the big world.  In my family, everyone happily does this job!

4 -- keep baby clean.  Give her a bath every other day or so (sometimes more often, sometimes less often, depending on how dirty she gets).  This is really a pain before the umbilical cord falls off, cause you can't put the whole baby into the water.  

And then of course, there are special concerns, such as if baby gets sick.  But I'd say if you keep those 4 basic things in mind, you're off to a good start.

D.H.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-11 22:18:48 |Display all floors

Re:free babysitter...

Hi, HeDan, I wish I lived near Hangzhou, unfortunately I'm living at Guangzhou........sigh.....

Your baby girl is so lovely and beautiful that I just think that it would be wonderful if I can be a babysitter for you.........

Wow. you seem to be quite experienced in taking care of a newborn baby and thank you for sharing your experience with others and I have learned something...I love babies....very very much.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-12 18:11:20 |Display all floors

Too cute!

Using Chinese: Zhe Hai Zi Tai Ke Ai Le!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-12 21:28:26 |Display all floors

thanks very much indeed.

i will bear those in mind.
and i rememember there is one saying practice makes perfect. i think if i have a baby, and with the instructions in mind, i wil do a good job.
i will do a better job if i can have two kids.
thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-12 21:32:25 |Display all floors

i love babies too!

those days i love to look at the children in the streets, in the parks. oh, it is great pleasure to see them dancing, talking, even crying.
haha. does it mean that i am getting old? or it simply means i am loving kids more.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-13 17:23:57 |Display all floors

Congratulations HeDan

...on such an exquisite baby girl.  Such a wonderful happiness.  

I had a baby boy on Jan. 2 in Haikou, Hainan, which is why I haven't been around much lately.  But he's a heck of a lot more fun than CD!
200406131723573cae.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.