Share the happiness and bitterness in learning English! [Copy link] 中文

philsong has been deleted
Post time 2004-6-9 14:27:34 |Display all floors

I recognize English as a basic skill to survive the competitive world

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-10 13:10:41 |Display all floors

attitude is the most important !

the fact is we dont have very good english speaking environment  .
as i know ,some overseas chinese live in canada all his life ,but they speak very little english ,for they live in chinatown and dont want to learn english at all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-10 14:11:46 |Display all floors

Agree with you!!!!

I tried to talk with my classmates or friends in English several months ago. Up to now ,I find that the effect is obvious. I dare to talk with foreigners, which was only a dream ago, and my Oral English is progressive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-10 23:24:13 |Display all floors

In my opinion

for oral english what about read the transcript for the movie, because it will close to our life.
And if you think your English good enough maybe you can try some English magzine such as "reader digest" "FT""Economist"etc. It will be much better if you always read the book which is write by the native but not the others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-11 08:05:16 |Display all floors

Take an interest in things you come across

My suggestion is Take an interest in things you come across in your everyday life, and try to express as best as you can in English. English is just a language, treat it as a dialect that's way too common in our land.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-11 08:54:31 |Display all floors

Is the best way to

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-11 10:39:08 |Display all floors

Is the best way to forget your mother tongue in studying English?

Dear friends:
In my opinion ,we will never forget our mother language  entirely at any time even if when studying English.You know ,we born in a non-English enviroment ,so we were deeply influenced by it in our daily life.When you see a thing ,I confirm,  the first concept to your mind is not the English meaning but the Chinese .
So I think ,the most important is not to try to forget your mother tongue but to reflect to your mind  the both concepts at the same time and connect  them .As we all know you can learn one thing  in your heart quickly  in a certain surrounding which I have refered above——the non-english enviroment. In addition,English is a language full of complicated changes.You must have realized that a Chinese sentence can be expressed in English in many forms.That is to say ,in countries where  people speak English ,people usually tell us "what they want to do"or "What is it",for example ,after you finishing your meal in a restaurant, you'better say "Where can I wash my hands"rather than "Where is the loo".Though  they all means "请问洗手间在哪里",the former expresses  your intention in a circumlocutory way.And which do you think is the better way ?So I think associating Chinese meaning of a thing befittingly is conducive to English studying.
In one word ,the significant thing is when we study English ,we cannot be circumscribed in a implicit  thinking ,we should learn how to change baced on initial purpose.
All above is my own experience in my English learning .
Hope to share with yours!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.