Author: watermoon

Share the happiness and bitterness in learning English! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-5 08:37:44 |Display all floors

You are a good job!

I am interested in english and want to improve it at every level,but i find i am making a mistake which is just to read instead of other method,so i read your letter,i feel i should exchange method for english.
i am admired that your classmate is hardwork .
but i can  not find a forum for chatting with others in english.
if you know,pls contact me .my QQ NO:303532799
Thanks !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-5 09:34:11 |Display all floors

pay more attention to quality rather than quantity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-5 10:14:57 |Display all floors

language environment is very importent

The mass  of   Chinese students  studied  English several years  but  don't  communicate  with  foreign  people in English.  why?   The reason  is  absent  of  speaking  English  environment  and  not  speaking  English   selflessness  like you schoolmate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-5 10:55:57 |Display all floors

never surrender ,and go on to the end!

Thank you netlink ,Thank you for your good suggest.
I have ever given to study English after passing CET4 five years ago.
when I went back to study it ,I feel it is a stranger  to me .In this days I keep to read English reports on chinadaily everyday ,I feel a progress.
Now when I see  the article of netlink's,I feel encouraged,I find my confidence again.
come and study English together,I am sure we will have a progress all!

Remember :never surrender ,and go on to the end!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-5 22:03:40 |Display all floors

i experienced what u've told

i am to take cet-4 next two weeks
i used to speak english to surrounders , but few of  them spoke english.
so i tended to speak no english and kept far away from foriegners untill last moth did i found that i could not speak english as fluent as before, even now , when i communicate with foriegners i am in a embarrassing situation. u do give good suggestions, forget  one's mother tongue and never give up. and  what ur classmate had been  doing was perfectly  right. meanwhile , i have a question : will that some day we forget our mother tongue and , what's more , will the traditional values be threw over , since we are learning a language , we are learning  a culture, and the target  values do make great impact on the traditional values?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-6 10:52:38 |Display all floors

english is only a basic and foundational knowledge

during my study english ,my teacher,a professor and Ph.D specialize in statistics,told my classmates and me in public the following words that I cann't forget forever:
  " once you become an employee ,your boss and company maybe offer you some chances to attend training about some professional  abilities ,such as computer skills,sale skills ,etc,but mind you, it is impossible for you to accept a common and foundational knowledge such as english and mathematics ,or the like.so you must confirm that you should well study the most foundational and basic knowledge during the four years' life and study nowadays ."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-6 10:59:28 |Display all floors

english is only the media to communicate with foreigners

english is the media to explore our views, for most of us ,we learn english to talk with some foreigners and read some english documents .
once you well master english, you travel abroad,you  trade with other
businessmen,and you also operate some english software .

refering to impact on the traditional values ,I think if we would like to learn better english ,it is necessary for us to learn their culture and custom.but you should realize that we learn english to learn our world ,including culture ,custom ,and values ,etc.the old Chinese saying,"Do as the Romans do",told us that it is required to know their values,once you master their ways to tread some views and things ,you learn a brand-new method to deal with affairs and businesses.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.