Author: dostoevskydr

Woman walks into hospital with knife impaled in skull   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-19 22:04:29 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-20 00:49:58 |Display all floors
cloudlessday Post time: 2014-7-19 21:08
Surprising? Apparently you don't know much about Chinese hospitals...

Maybe you're right:! Maybe I don't know much about hospitals in China although we have been living here  for the past two decades almost. Anyways my question had nothing to do with the cost of hospitals "per se" but rather to know how much is the bill but apparently nobody knows or nobody wants to say it.

So? Do you know how much they had to pay that they had to sell their house?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-20 08:40:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cloudlessday at 2014-7-20 08:43
longzhou Post time: 2014-7-20 00:49
Maybe you're right:! Maybe I don't know much about hospitals in China although we have been living ...

Sorry i take it back. i don't know how much it will cost for sure. i said it from my experiences and what i heard about other medical cases. what i do know is a leukemia case will cost hundreds of thousands (and you have no promise to survive after spending that kind of money) and any mjor case involving operations (such as the skull operation in question) will incur costs on that scale too, let alone cancer cases, diabetes, etc. Here in China, it is a wellknown fact (even recognized to certain degree by government) that people are usually reduced to bankcrupts if they contract a major disease...
By teh way, i dug out this news in Chinese: a 57 year-old woman who had been stressful (financially, presumably) and didn't want to take it any more, tried to commit suiside by sticking a 11cm long blade into her skull and driving it further in with a stone. Families said they would try their very best to meet teh medical bills, EVEN IF it means they would have to sell their house.
But in my opinion, selling house is not an option but a necessity. People especially those living in rural areas in China can by on means affort such a major operation; and given the reason that woman chose to kill herself...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-20 09:43:57 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-20 10:04:42 |Display all floors
cloudlessday Post time: 2014-7-20 08:40
Sorry i take it back. i don't know how much it will cost for sure. i said it from my experiences a ...

Thanks for your very much civilized answer and by the way, no offense taken! I read the news in Chinese too when it came out and nowhere did it say that the family "had"to sell their house. What they said as you rightfully say is that they would do anything to save their relative, even if it meant to have to sell the house: that's very different, isn't it?
The rest of your post is spot on about the current situation of medical care in this country, unfortunately!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-20 10:06:10 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2014-7-20 09:43
Don't forget to tip the doctor on the way in.......... it only takes one small slip.
Medical bills  ...

That's pretty much the same for any country, right? I mean if you don't have a family, you have nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-20 10:09:36 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.