Is it wrong not to have a child all one life?     [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2014-7-16 14:12:37 |Display all floors
Stick to the topic, ok? Or I'll report
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 14:41:24 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2014-7-16 14:08
Sorry to have "shocked" you, but what thoughts of mine were that shocking?
I'm not in favor of Di ...

why must you apologize? you did nothing wrong. its okay to be different, you know. since you asked, it was this:

"I was quite surprised to know that a female friend of mine has decided not to have a child. I didn't realize that she was dead serious until her husband said the same thing....Then I searched the news about this, surprisingly, I learned that more and more people are choosing to have this Dink lifestyle. The number of Dink couples is rising, esp in major cities. ...
I'm very concerned how she can make peace with her parents-in-law.
Is it wrong not to have a child all one's life? Would you give it a go if your son or daughter wanted a Dink family?"

though i know chinese people are pressured to marry, i had no idea there are people who never thought of other options as possible. so just as you were surprised, i was surprised to read your post, though i used shocked, because your tone made me gasp a little. anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts, they are interesting.

i get it, i have to apologize more so chinese wont get mad at me. sorry if i offended you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 15:05:47 |Display all floors
Recently, the videos about delivery have become very popular. I am a girl who is afraid of this horrible destiny. Watching this kind of video has intensified my fear. I often feel myself sitting in a car running to a cliff, but I can do nothing but watch myself going to death...Why in this modern society, women still have to suffer delivery? I think this is one of backwardnesses in human. Children should be made in "factory", not women or men.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 15:31:45 |Display all floors
It is better than the person who have child but neglect the parent's duty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 17:17:42 |Display all floors
I raley imagine the scene that i will have no chindren through my life,I love children

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 17:35:25 |Display all floors
As a newly grown-up, I don't like childern, but a child will make the world unique.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 18:44:19 |Display all floors
I want to say something.In the western countries, it is totally a personal choice to chose have a baby or not. Because the parents show no concerns on their children when they reach 18. And all the children should support themselves with their own hand. Parents only be their mentor, and never interfere in their life.
But situation in china is totally different. Due to the rocketing property price and the traditional culture, parents invest great money on the marriage of their childeren, such as marriage house, car, and dowry. It is reasonable and inevitable for them to ask a grandchildren from their children. At this point,it is something like a barter, but reasonable.
From my own perspect, if my child decide to be Dink. It is intolerant for me and my wife. We chinese always hold the conviction that we are not live for ourselves, which is wrong to some degree, but is the real manifestation of the traditional culture

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.