Views: 2295|Replies: 10

"Journey to the West" to be made into American series [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-15 17:16:35 |Display all floors
American television network AMC has ordered six one-hour episodes of a new martial arts drama said to be "very loosely" based on Journey to the West, a household legend in China. The tentative title is Badlands.

Some Chinese think that it is weird to see the main characters have exotic faces while some others think that it is a cultural exchange between China and the US, marking the increasing influence exerted by Chinese culture, and it is a blessing for China. What is your opinion?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-15 22:00:46 |Display all floors
it must be fun
i expect to see it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 03:04:51 |Display all floors
Oh....I can't imagine...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 11:51:32 |Display all floors
OH,NO !!!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-7-16 11:54:45 |Display all floors
Why? It was shown as Monkey in the UK when I was a kid.

I expect the Americans to make Sun Wu Gong into an all American hero

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-7-16 17:23:20 |Display all floors
Journey to the West has already been loosely adapted in Japan and broadcasted in the West under the title "Dragonball"

Looking forward to see the American adaptation of this Chinese household classic.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 19:24:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by forget-me-not at 2014-7-16 19:25

I think it will be fun. How will they make the movie reflects their understanding/opinions(or value) about the famous novel. And to exchange opinions about a novel with someone is always interesting and a kind of joy. Not to mention this exchange is from a different culture.

It's good,of course,as long as they don't make my childhood hero Sun Wu Kong too ugly or stupid,or less powerful/strong/clever/fun  than he is,like in the novel.

Yes,I'm looking forward to the American edition.
elegant star jewelry www.e-starjewelry.com

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.