Author: cestmoi

Thousands of American Girls Forced to Undergo Genital Cutting   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-19 05:52:23 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2014-7-19 03:58
Sure we are talking the same thing, that you did not enjoy some exemption under your status then?

I don't know that we are talking about the same thing.  When I lived in Germany, I paid for both federal and state taxes back home.  We didn't have to pay any taxes to Germany as the US base is considered property of the US and not Germany.  Or something like that.

I don't know what you are talking about me 'blaming' other people.  For what exactly?

I didn't have a problem paying ohio taxes or federal taxes for the US even though we didn't live there.  It was still 'home' and my stay in Germany was temporary.  If that changed, and I made Germany my 'home' - I would have issue paying taxes in the US where I no longer lived and did not want to live.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-19 05:52:25 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2014-7-19 03:58
Sure we are talking the same thing, that you did not enjoy some exemption under your status then?

I don't know that we are talking about the same thing.  When I lived in Germany, I paid for both federal and state taxes back home.  We didn't have to pay any taxes to Germany as the US base is considered property of the US and not Germany.  Or something like that.

I don't know what you are talking about me 'blaming' other people.  For what exactly?

I didn't have a problem paying ohio taxes or federal taxes for the US even though we didn't live there.  It was still 'home' and my stay in Germany was temporary.  If that changed, and I made Germany my 'home' - I would have issue paying taxes in the US where I no longer lived and did not want to live.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-19 06:16:56 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-7-19 05:52
I don't know that we are talking about the same thing.  When I lived in Germany, I paid for both f ...

That's the thing:
US -Citizens abroad are expected to pay double tax.
To keep paying full taxes to the IRS on top of the taxes they already have to pay to the residence tax.
Both based on the untaxed income,
afterall, why should the residence country have to do anything with this theft by the citizenship country.

Regular US-Americans regularily scold overseas citizens who are thus, and by other harrassing, to renounce their citizenship as 'tax-dodgers', as they buy into such stuff being fed to them by gouvernment schools and unis and in the US so called 'liberal' Media Complex - rather than widely and broadly calling that double taxation as the Tyranny that it is.
You have shown yourself subscribing to that B/S while you have clearly pointed out that you were to renounce citizenship for those tax reasons alone were you to stay abroad.

Incomes earned by Citizens abroad is none of the gouvernment business, neither are account balances or anything like it.

Those Liberties that Privacy such as also the bank secrecy belong to protect the weak and normal.
The politically connected and rich by political connections can find much better ways around it once granted excessive powers and interventions into those liberties.

Limitations to fundamental rights and to privacy is a scam by the politically connected and the powerful to extort and steal more from the regular and the weak, it will NOT help either.

Complain about 3 to 5 per cent of the population you call the 1%? That's at least 9 Million of the US Population at the small estimation of 3 per cent.
What percentage are the maybe 30.000 wielding some gouvernment power in the US representative Democracy compared to 300 Million Inhabitants?
Because they do NOT selflessly serve the general public, even if they were willing and able to do so, they serve their own Interests.
What Percentage of a 1.5 Bn Population is the 7 people p0litbiro standing committee in cn, that wields the absolute power in favour of a continous similar number of the same involved family clans?

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-19 06:23:24 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2014-7-19 06:16
That's the thing:
US -Citizens abroad are expected to pay double tax.
To keep paying full taxes to ...

I guess what my biggest question is.....are we talking about people who are temporarily living in another country for work, or are we talking about people who have taken permanent residence in another country?

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-19 06:34:07 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-7-19 06:23
I guess what my biggest question is.....are we talking about people who are temporarily living in  ...

Pretty much any US-Persons - including temponary expats, permanent overseas citizens and also recent (last three years) expats *too* the US - are demanded to pay US taxes on top of their residence countrie's taxes.
Imagine Someone landing in a future up to 70% bracket in France - and then comes the IRS and wants another 40 to 50 per cent of the income before taxes!

Temponary expats staying abroad less than half a year may be spared the local taxes by the residence country where said income was earned, IRS still wants 'taxes' on income not earned in the US.

Such US-Citizens can hardly even get any financial services outside the US.
They are less desireable to non-US Banks than Iranian Customers, they mean only troubles and fines and punishments for the Institution.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-19 06:36:29 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2014-7-19 06:34
Pretty much any US-Persons - including temponary expats, permanent overseas citizens and also rece ...

I guess I don't understand if you are an ex-pat, why you would want to retain US citizenship?  

For what reason?

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-19 07:06:26 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-7-19 06:36
I guess I don't understand if you are an ex-pat, why you would want to retain US citizenship?  

F ...

Because home is home afterall.
You really know no loyalty to the country you are so nationalistic about.
It'd be worth it alone for the great values and liberties it is founded upon.
But afterall, you don't subscribe to them when they are the liberties not of yourself,
but a person in any way dissenting with yourself. So you are incompatible with them.

Or,
Why would a Kraut expat aquire a chinese citizenship?
aside from there being *nothing* good to it, he is afterall a German,
(OK, even if he was a German from somewhere like Russia)
and will remain so.

Or why would a Canadian expat, let's say of japanese descent,
to sweden, renounce the canadian citizenship for a swedish passport?
He or she is not a Swede, has no swedish blood, even if maybe the child will have some.

What do you know, you're just of recent background from some troublesome Austrian/Hungarian turf,
maybe ask one of your native peers if any of them could imagine 'becoming' let's say danish just for pragmatic reasons as yours.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.