Author: cestmoi

Thousands of American Girls Forced to Undergo Genital Cutting   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-22 09:15:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cruising at 2014-7-22 09:21
JFenix Post time: 2014-7-22 09:03
There actually hasn't been too many statements that you have made about US politics that I don't a ...

if it wasn't for your explanation in one of your posts, i still wouldn't know what country "usanians" belonged to. i thought it was another country i was unaware of that exists. why does it bother you so much? is it supposed to be something like the n word for blacks. because i was thinking of using the term myself, to tease my friends and maybe other americans, if they annoy me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-22 09:24:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-22 09:27:10 |Display all floors
cruising Post time: 2014-7-22 09:15
if it weren't for your explanation in one of your posts, i still wouldn't know what country "usani ...

Its the motive behind it.  It's what it implies that I find offensive.

People who use the term do so to supposedly correct some grave wrong.

The thinking is that americans are so arrogant and are such bullies that we are taking a claim to a name we have no right to.  That it hurts every other person on the north and south american continents that are not US citizens.

That is why the name exists and why it is used.

So it irks me.  The reality is, its none of our faults who are alive today that our country name is what it is.  You just can't do a lot with a country name like 'United States of America'.  When you say U.S.A. - every letter is pronounced.  We don't say 'yoosa', its not an acronym.  So you can't tack on a 'ian' and make that work.  No one would even know how to say it.

I'm not a bad person.  I do not feel superior to any other person not only on the american continents, but anywhere in the world.  I hate this stereotype.  Its annoying and its unfair.  Not to mention - these same people that would use that term....can be so insensitive to cultural groups within the US.  seneca has refered to the US as being 'the land of my ancestors' - how insulting is that to native americans?  To call this land the 'land of my ancestors'???  And I am the one that is supposed to be the bully!  I would never be that rude to make a comment like that.  Everyone who is not native american recognizes the 'lands of their ancestors' is in europe, asia and africa.  

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-22 09:34:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cruising at 2014-7-22 09:41
JFenix Post time: 2014-7-22 09:27
Its the motive behind it.  It's what it implies that I find offensive.

People who use the term do ...

i see. i thought it was funny, but maybe not.

you sound normal and sane. i don't know why some people attack you so cruelly, i saw some of the posts.

edit. by the way, everyone gets stereotyped. you know, i'm afraid to say i'm chinese sometimes. because of what people have been fed to believe about china. you just have to ignore them, or you're going to be upset every other day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-22 09:38:10 |Display all floors
cruising Post time: 2014-7-22 09:34
i see. i thought it was funny, but maybe not.

you sound normal and sane. i don't know why some pe ...

I just ignore that stuff.  Really it doesn't bother me one bit.

I can be a tough debater and I can throw it right back at them (and do).  I can be pretty cut-throat sometimes so I know I've mad some people mad here....

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-22 09:39:45 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-7-22 09:38
I just ignore that stuff.  Really it doesn't bother me one bit.

I can be a tough debater and I ca ...

i see, but you can't ignore being stereotyped?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-22 09:52:30 |Display all floors
cruising Post time: 2014-7-22 09:39
i see, but you can't ignore being stereotyped?

I can handle personal attacks.

I don't like the stereotype that also attacks like everyone one I know...my family, friends, neighbors, loves, etc.

And its just ignorance and I don't like that.  If people could really see how much this country is changing in terms of demographics......its been amazing to watch.  And what you don't read in all the newspapers is that for the most part.....we all DO get along pretty well.  Work together, live together, our kids go to the same schools....

When people think of the word 'american' they shouldn't automatically picture some white guy.   I have a multi-racial family.  That is becoming the new norm.  So its also kind of insulting to our minority groups and all our mixed americans to sideline them for the image of the arrogant white american.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.