Views: 4497|Replies: 18

Is it worth to buy 1/2 Guangzhou Evergrande soccer club with 1.2 billion yuan?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2014-6-26 16:57:47 |Display all floors
After a night of drinking in Hong Kong, Alibaba chairman Jack Ma Yun woke up one morning recently to find his company a half-owner of the country's most successful football club. Was he too drunk or something?

Alibaba paid 1.2 billion yuan ($192 million) in the deal for Guangzhou Evergrande Football Club.

Considering how bad Chinese national soccer team is doing, is he just squandering share holders' money? Or does he have good plans? Jack Ma has been a very smart guy, how do you think he can make money out of this?

[size=0.85em]Alibaba founder and chairman Jack Ma and Evergrande chairman Hui Kayan are seen at a joint press conference in Guangzhou. Photo: Xinhua

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-26 16:59:27 |Display all floors
Good thing he is smart, because he is one ugly guy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-26 17:06:18 |Display all floors
How much is the turn over in game fixing this days ?
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-26 17:22:22 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2014-6-26 17:06
How much is the turn over in game fixing this days ?

A very good question!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-26 18:19:24 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-6-26 10:22
A very good question!

If the return is better then any bond or bank rate, I would also invest in a sports team
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-26 19:32:42 |Display all floors
ev'rythin in life is RISK taken just do your intensive research & make the precise decision but never let your opportunity to fly by you  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-26 22:46:36 |Display all floors
Moral of the story.......don't buy any China shares.

The CEO treats company assets as personal assets.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.