Readers’ Blog

Does parents’ love has nothing to do with money?

Popularity 3Viewed 5844 times 2013-3-22 15:08 |System category:News| love, children, nothing, between

Does parents’ love has nothing to do with money?

All parents love their children deeply, and this greatest love is nothing to do with money, no matter they are rich or poor, this love can never be changed.

I’m fully confident of it, but since I heard about my friend’s story, I feel that I need to rethink the relationship between love and money, even this love is from parents.

Now it is March, the wedding season is coming—May 1st. Speaking of wedding, I have to say some local wedding customs in my hometown.

Before getting marriage, the men’s parents need to give the bride’s parents some money as betrothal gift, and bride’s parents also need to prepare the dowry for bride, it seems very fair, right?

Then the problem has been appeared: How to solve the problem if men’s parents have to give little and the other side wants to get more?

My friend and her longtime boyfriend will get married on May, they loved each other for over five years.

My friend’s family is very very poor, her boyfriend is better but also comes from common family.

Girl’s father just want to get more money from boy’s family by taking this opportunity, I could not say this behavior looks like sell their daughter, but I really could not find any other reason for it.

They do not care about girl’s life, do not care about whether she is happy or not;

do not care about whether her boyfriend treat their daughter good or not,;

but one thing and the only thing they cared very much is:

how much money they can get from this marriage and they do not agree unless they get their ideal money.

My friend’s boyfriend loves her very much and tries to give her parents as much as he can, but her greedy parents think it is too little and get angry.

Now my friend is very sad, her parents do not prepare any dowry and have no blessing for her, just asking for money.

She has talked many times with her parents for getting their understanding, even promise she will work hard and get more money to give them in the near future, but it is useless.

The worst of it is that even she tried to work hard and given her family more during the past five years after her graduation, quit her good job in the metropolis, just for taking care of her parents, but they still think that’s far enough and said she is an unfilial daughter!

I feel very very sad, I always think love from parents is the greatest love in the world, but sometimes, for some parents, money is the most important one.

I believed most parents loved their children, even they need money eagerly, they do not sell their daughter as a cash cow.

I hope those “seller” can change their mind and begin to care about their children from the bottom of their heart, do not let this family love has the stink of money.

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray

Friends who just made a statement (1 Person)

Like 0 Share

Comment Comment (7 comments)

Reply Report huaren2323 2013-3-23 22:32
By Instinct, parents loves UNCONDITIONALLY. It is just that sometimes, they see their children as extension of themelves and wanted to have the best for their children or live a dream that they themselves did not achieve. When China opened up to the world..it also attracted many " advertisement " of what it is to be happy....house, cars, luxury clothes, fine dining, shopping, etc...so much of everyday reminders that this is what we should have...If it is true, why are there many suicide even of actors and actresses in Hong Kong ? USA?  Because being actors and actresses they pretend who they are not and live a life of falsehood. Until their being is in such a turmoil that they do not know who they are and are lost...If there is communication and true love the issue of dowry should not come int play. China will continue to grow and life and salary will improve. People who are not that rich will be the ones who will be richer in the end when their spouses loves and suport them. BUT then what is money when there is no love?..YOU CAN BUY SEX BUT NOT LOVE, YOU CAN BUY A HOUSE BUT NOT A HOME, YOU CAN BUY BOOKS BUT NOT WISDOM, YOU CAN BUY A PIANO BUT NOT MUSIC , YOU CAN BUY VITAMINS BUT NOT HEALTH.
Reply Report china.pm 2013-3-25 10:54
huaren2323: By Instinct, parents loves UNCONDITIONALLY. It is just that sometimes, they see their children as extension of themelves and wanted to have the best f ...
thanx for sharing ur opinion,   quite agree with u~
Reply Report huaren2323 2013-3-25 11:51
china.pm: thanx for sharing ur opinion,    quite agree with u~
You are welcome...I wrote more comments...in my new blog ..." HOUSE IS NOT HOME..... "   Have a good day...Hope your friend find some peace and understanding from her parents. I would think they will as she is their daughter....I have a daughter and she is studying in medical school while her boyfriend just finish studying as a welder and now working night shift ( 4 PM until 12 midnight ) as welder. He is a responsible boy and so long as they love each other I have no problems that they marry after she finished her schooling...I do not need any bethrothal. When I see my daughter happy..it already makes me happy.
Reply Report crdw123 2013-3-30 11:20
Indeed, the love of parents is very great, overall, the real price.But, in front of money, some parents,Your friend's parents As well as Don't care about their children's future,Only the value of money.The fact that I had ever seen, especially in rural areas.
I am very In favor of Your point of view:"All parents love their children deeply, and this greatest love is nothing to do with money, no matter they are rich or poor, this love can never be changed. "
Reply Report china.pm 2013-3-30 11:58
crdw123: Indeed, the love of parents is very great, overall, the real price.But, in front of money, some parents,Your friend's parents As well as Don't care ab ...
thanx for ur support! yes, I do believe family love is priceless, just sometimes, coz of poverty, I guess, they may desire to the money so eagerly.
Perhaps, at the nottom of their heart, they still love their daughter.
My friend said she will forgive her parents, after all, they have given her life and brought her up.
Today, I heard one news:
The pregnant girl choose suicide, only coz her parents asked for 80,000 RMB as betrothal gift, her bf havent enough money and leave away, she felt so sad and decided to end her life.
What a pity!!
Reply Report crdw123 2013-3-30 12:27
Really? Bad, very bad for you! Seven years ago,I have met very sad thing,At that time, I was miserable, but I didn't do stupid things.I hope our society, that is, no longer happenS uch a thing.
Reply Report teachingchinese 2014-3-20 23:02
almost similiar experiences on my three sisters, those parents can only bear but not breed are not worthy being called "dad" or "mum".

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.