Readers’ Blog

Challenge Your Child

Popularity 2Viewed 2154 times 2019-12-12 08:31 |Personal category:Education|System category:Life

您的孩子比您想象的要聪明。总是在称赞他们的努力与挑战他们以获得更好的成就之间取得平衡。如果您只是骂他们,他们会害怕尝试。他们会害怕说英语。而不是总是责骂他们,而是挑战他们。

西方人从中国古代哲学家的著作中学会了平衡。我们了解了阴和阳。

许多年前,我在数百人面前向电视讲话。我父亲认识一位专业的公众演说家。我真的很佩服这个人。这个人来听我的演讲之一。他对父亲说:“迈克尔很好。有一天他会很棒。”他有点称赞我,并挑战我要变得更好。我很好,但不是很好。这是孩子们需要的平衡。 (百度翻译)

Your child is smarter than you think. Always strike a balance between praising their efforts and challenging them for better achievements. If you just scold them, they will be afraid to try. They will be afraid to speak English. Instead of always scolding them, challenge them.

Westerners learned balance from the writings of ancient Chinese philosophers. We learned about yin and yang.

Many years ago, I spoke on television and in front of hundreds of people. My father knows a professional public speaker. I really admire this person. This person came to listen to one of my lectures. He said to my father, "Michael is fine. He will be great someday." He praised me a little and challenged me to be better. I'm fine, but not great. This is the balance children need. 

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray
Like 0 Share

Comment Comment (3 comments)

Reply Report SEARU 2019-12-12 09:57
The Chinese version part of this article arouse my interest since I thought it was done by the foreign author.  The short sentences in the English text are  powerful that is nice for students to understand.

It will be a funny challenge for the author to directly write  in Chinese!
Reply Report kevinruud 2019-12-13 11:50
我在数百人面前向电视讲话。This sentence means I talk to hundreds of people in front of a TV set. That is very ridiculous unless you talk to a set which is displaying Nick Armstrong is looking at you from the moon. You might be taken to the nearest hospital to have a check on the head.
Reply Report kevinruud 2019-12-13 11:51
I talk to a TV set in front of hundreds of people, after my careful reading, the sentence is like that. Hilarious.

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

MichaelM

Michael is the author of the transformational book, Powerful Attitudes. He is a professional educator, an educational consultant, an author. He lives in Zhengzhou, Henan Province. He enjoys playing guitar and writing poetry. He loves China.

Album

Recent comments

• Challenge Your Child 2019-12-13 11:51

I talk to a TV set in front of hundreds of people, after my careful reading, the sentence is like that. Hilarious.

• Challenge Your Child 2019-12-13 11:50

我在数百人面前向电视讲话。This sentence means I talk to hundreds of people in front of a TV set. That is very ridiculous unless you talk to a set which is displaying Nick Armstrong is looking at you from the moon. You might be taken to the nearest hospital to have a check on the head.

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

Most Viewed

Most commented

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.