Readers’ Blog

Gardening tells something meaningful.

Popularity 2Viewed 1546 times 2017-4-9 23:37 |System category:Life| English, Learning

Wherever I live, in small single room of an apartment or in a not-big apartment, I would grow something. Ranged from green plants, which grows green leaves all the time but never blossom, to those herbages, annuals or perennials, I think I performed well in gardening. There is a character's line in SIM 3, a game of avatar growing under gamers' control, that is, if you want harvest, you have to put your hands in dirty earth and perspire. Yes, one surely need to do that.

Even so, try not to be nervous about it, because plants differ from each other and they have diffenent demands. In other words, some plants are easy while others are not.Take my favorate flower sunflower as an example. It likes a lot of sunlight, a lot of water and a lot of nutrient. These direct and clear demands only ask you to put it in some place where enjoys the most sunlight in your house, water it one time everyday and in fact you don't have to fertilize it. Without extra fertilizer, it can grow getting nutrient from the earth in the flower pot. However, azalea is so different. It needs sunlight, but not too much. It needs water, but not too much. It needs nutrient, but also, not too much. You would say:"Well, I can handle that." Two days of  business trip or a weekend out will make you question your confidence.

You reap what you sow. If given proper attention and put in the right circumstance, the plants will grow healthy and strong. It's always easier to say than do actural practice. To make all plants robust, you have to look up planting skill of all kinds and the way how you should manage them differs every month, which means you need to change modes by weather and season. If the work is for just one kind, nothing worth talking about, but imagine 20 or even more.

When one little pink blossom comes out in the sunlight of a March morning, all the watering and waiting are worth it. Looking at it, then you will know that all the complains of bad weather are bullshits. Plants are so strong that they grow with every effort to generate, unconciously. And you feel a bit guity for some day you thought about ditching it.

We should learn from them for they grow without saying any words, even if they can not speak in fact. What I mean is they will never give up upon themself in spite of bad weather, low quantity of nutrient and even a bad owener. So get together and cheer up. You work hard everyday and the hard works speak themselves in the future. Even some say that never believe hard work will lead you to success. Let's not discuss the definiton of success here, for today.

If you devote yourself in gardening, I'm pretty sure you will gain more, like doing anything else.

Believe.

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray
Like 0 Share

Comment Comment (6 comments)

Reply Report Chengking 2017-4-10 11:56
I have kept house plants for many years. The ones that survived are those that tolerate my caring pattern - watering once a week and fertilizing once a year.
Reply Report HailChina! 2017-4-11 22:04
I used to have a Madonna Lily. It was an indoor plant and very easy to care for. I left it with an ex girlfriend though.
Reply Report hedgehog_run 2017-4-11 23:06
Chengking: I have kept house plants for many years. The ones that survived are those that tolerate my caring pattern - watering once a week and fertilizing once  ...
LOL. Almost same here. At the beginning of this year, I am so determined to build my little balcony garden into a place where flowers blossom through all four seasons. However, after the Waking of Insects, I found an army of ants crawling all over my apartment. I still don't know how to deal with them.
Reply Report hedgehog_run 2017-4-11 23:10
HailChina!: I used to have a Madonna Lily. It was an indoor plant and very easy to care for. I left it with an ex girlfriend though.
Yes, it is easy to care for. I used to have several of them. Before the buds show their real color, I let my friends have a guess. The winner could get one of them.
Reply Report HailChina! 2017-4-12 01:25
hedgehog_run: Yes, it is easy to care for. I used to have several of them. Before the buds show their real color, I let my friends have a guess. The winner could ge ...
Yes they are good plants. Mine was a really big one. It was in a big pot on the ground.
Reply Report Chengking 2017-4-12 12:21
hedgehog_run: LOL. Almost same here. At the beginning of this year, I am so determined to build my little balcony garden into a place where flowers blossom through  ...
I had problems with ants building their nests in my terrace flower bed/pots for a couple of years. Eventually I got rid of them with insecticide.

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Friends

Recent comments

• Exercises! That's why I feel so energetic now. (1) 2017-4-14 13:30

hedgehog_run: Wow, Taichi! Good for you~Where do you do the standing stance?

As for reading, I would recommend it too. A friend of my came up with an idea of readi ...
      One can do the standing stance just about anywhere that is quiet. For me, I often do the exercise out in the open, in the yard, but if the pollution is bad I'll do it in the apartment.

• Exercises! That's why I feel so energetic now. (1) 2017-4-13 20:55

Chengking: There are two things I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anybody, exercising and reading. They are pleasurable and beneficial and one can do it one's  ...
      Wow, Taichi! Good for you~Where do you do the standing stance?

As for reading, I would recommend it too. A friend of my came up with an idea of reading a book per month this year and I've read not only 3 books. In fact, as I started to gain a sense of joyment from reading, I desired to read more. And I began to realise how little I knew and how arrogant I was before.

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

Most Viewed

Room

views

Most commented

Room

comments

BACK TO THE TOP
    Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
    Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
    platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.