Sallywrj’s Neverland
Stay hungry. Stay Foolish.

Readers’ Blog

An Impressive Speech: I Will Marry When I Want

Popularity 3Viewed 3785 times 2017-1-15 13:44 |System category:Life| impressive, speech, child, marriage

Have you ever heard the famous speech I Have A Dream delivered by Martin Luther KingHave you ever been inspired by the speech from Mahatma Gandhi ? These speeches are both so exciting, stirring and exalting that we are all deeply motivated. But, the speech I am going to talk about today is quite different from these tub thumpings. It is plain and simple, but it is this girl with strong accent that delivers an unforgettable speech and makes everyone stand up and burst into stormy applause. Now let’s go into the speech of this girl from Malawi.

Interestingly, the speech begins with a poem written by a 13 year-old girl. At first, the audience burst out laughing when they heard the name of the poem “I will marry when I want” .This arouses the curiosity of the audience. “Why should I worry about the time when I should get married? Why is this 13 year-old girl so anxious about her marriage at such a young age?”This will successfully draw us into the following part of her speech.

Then, the speaker tells a story about her sister, who got pregnant when she was 11 years old and became a mother of 3 children when she was only 16. That is very astonishing for the audience like us who has never imagined lives with the anguish of child marriage. 

http://www.ted.com/talks/memory_banda_a_warrior_s_cry_against_child_marriage

You can click the link to enjoy the speech.

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray
Like 0 Share

Comment Comment (3 comments)

Reply Report Maxwell996 2017-1-15 21:09
so impressive
Reply Report bingbingbing 2017-1-15 21:24
Interesting.
Reply Report Ashikujaman 2017-1-22 12:48
impressive

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

Most Viewed

Room

views

Most commented

Room

comments

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.