Readers’ Blog

Eat Rice Dumplings Healthily

Popularity 4Viewed 2546 times 2016-2-19 16:38 |Personal category:Views|System category:Life

As the Lantern Festival is approaching, it is widely acceptable for us to eat rice dumplings, which is also called “tangyuan”or “yuanxiao” in Chinese. Eating this kind of dish on that day seems to be a tradition, as it symbolizes family reunion and happiness, but rarely do we know how to eat rice dumplings healthily.

Recently, it is said that eating three rice dumplings equals the amount of the rape oil which can be cooked a dish. How unbelievable! This piece of news does shock lot of readers, who still get confused whether the white rice dumplings in the surface contain that amount of rape oil. After all, we have eaten numerous rice dumplings in total.

Maybe we fail to count the accurate amount of rape oil that one rice dumpling contains in term of the shape and the size. Nevertheless, according to the rough research, eating excess rice dumplings that are bought in the markets is bad for health. The rice dough itself contains few fats, but about 99.9% of rape oil stuffed in the rice dough will be converted into fats. Meanwhile, a food expert emphasizes that more attention should be paid to the sugar content compared with the oil content. She believes that the harm that oil content does to the body is limited, while the high-content sugar will be a disadvantage to human, especially the ones who develop diabetes mellitus. Besides, she advises the old not to eat enough rice dumplings, for the rice dough is not easy to digest.

But how can we eat rice dumplings healthily? Based on the  diet research, we are supposed to focus on the proper time, the cookery as well as the diet match. As for the time, there aren’t so many requirements which exactly time we should eat on a day, but it is not reasonable to be viewed as dinner. Instead, we can regard this kind of dish as desserts, and match other food for the purpose of health. Referred to the cookery, rice dumplings should be avoided to fry, but to cook in the water.

In order to live a healthy lifestyle, I decide to make rice dumplings myself on that day this year. All the ingredients you need to prepare are just the rice flour and the stuffing. It is easy to make the rice flour into the rice dough. As to the stuffing, the market will provide you with various choices, including the black sesame, the peanut as well as different kinds of fruits. It will be my first time to make the rice dumplings, hoping it will be successful and interesting.
Finally, guys, wish you all eat rice dumplings healthily and enjoy the lantern festival.

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray
Like 0 Share

Comment Comment (13 comments)

Reply Report claudeckenni 2016-2-19 20:26
We also have tangyuan in Indonesia, maybe the only difference is the ingredients for the soup. What do Chinese usually use to make the soup for tangyuan? Im interested =)
Reply Report Echo/hanhan 2016-2-19 23:20
claudeckenni: We also have tangyuan in Indonesia, maybe the only difference is the ingredients for the soup. What do Chinese usually use to make the soup for tangyu ...
Sorry, I ever thought tangyuan mostly existed in China, I was wrong.
Actually, there isn't much requirement for the ingredients for the soup, and we often add nothing into the clean soup, just water
Reply Report SEARU 2016-2-19 23:31
claudeckenni: We also have tangyuan in Indonesia, maybe the only difference is the ingredients for the soup. What do Chinese usually use to make the soup for tangyu ...
I prefer boil the round dumplings in some pure water rather than add extra spices into the so-called soup.
Reply Report Echo/hanhan 2016-2-19 23:40
it is common.
But there are still some different soup.I ever tasted a special and sweet soup in the restaurant, which added a brown herb and tasted yummy. This kind of soup was made by the owner himself, and also attracted lots of customers.
how about the ingredients in Indonesia?also curious
Reply Report Echo/hanhan 2016-2-20 13:49
SEARU: I prefer boil the round dumplings in some pure water rather than add extra spices into the so-called soup.
So do I , and at times we like adding some sugar into the pure water.
Reply Report SEARU 2016-2-20 16:25
Echo/hanhan: So do I , and at times we like adding some sugar into the pure water.
Why do you add more sugar? Usually there already is too sweet things in the round dumplings and too much sugar might be not good for health!
Reply Report saver 2016-2-20 18:20
to my pointview,you like to cook,it is good habit,man who can marry you is a good fortune in future
Reply Report Echo/hanhan 2016-2-20 18:33
SEARU: Why do you add more sugar? Usually there already is too sweet things in the round dumplings and too much sugar might be not good for health!
Yeah, I know that, my mom often does in that way, and she may enjoy the sweet soup. I will add litter sugar next time
Reply Report Echo/hanhan 2016-2-20 18:39
saver: to my pointview,you like to cook,it is good habit,man who can marry you is a good fortune in future
haha, yes, I do enjoy cooking in my spare time, and by the way I also love eating. I am a FOODIE
Reply Report Echo/hanhan 2016-2-20 18:41
saver: to my pointview,you like to cook,it is good habit,man who can marry you is a good fortune in future
Thanks for your praise for me, Saver. You are funny
Reply Report claudeckenni 2016-2-20 21:54
SEARU: I prefer boil the round dumplings in some pure water rather than add extra spices into the so-called soup.
In Indonesia we would use something sweet and sour...like sweet condensed milk mixed with some lemons
Reply Report Igo 2016-3-1 12:03
I don't care healthy or not, I just want to eat. Eat, eat, eat, like a .
Reply Report Echo/hanhan 2016-3-1 18:06
Igo: I don't care healthy or not, I just want to eat. Eat, eat, eat, like a .
hahha, you are funny. that's cool. Actually, i also enjoying eating, eating ,eating

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.