Readers’ Blog

Preparation for the new year

Popularity 1Viewed 1086 times 2016-1-14 23:01 |Personal category:Practice|System category:News| getting, father, center, market, train

After getting off the train to my hometown, I went to buy the groceries for this new year.

We are accompanied by my father’s workmates, one of them drove the car for us all.

Our fisrt stop is the fish market. It is located in the center of Jinan. We found out that the fish there are all taken from the freezer. Therefore, there were a bunch of ice on the surface on the fish. There are more than fishes in the market. Shrimps, whelks and even muttons could be found there.

We chose the market for shopping due to the reasonable price there. We could get it cheaper than that was in the supermarket. Besides, we got to see the source of the goods.

My father and I picked the Spanish mackerel and squid. The squid came from Argentina. I could not wait to have a taste of the squid. It is all techniques that plays the role in the bargain. The seller always hopes to gain more profit while the buyer simply want to have a low price. We did get all the goods slightly cheaper than the usual price.

Later, we took our souvenirs from the fish market and went for vegetables. Delicious as the garlic is, my father bought more than two kilograms of it. It is a pity that the price of the garlic is as high as six yuan. However, we love garlic and the price of it was still acceptable. We got broccoli, carrots, pepper and so on.

It is always nice to go shopping for the happy new year.

The meal in the family is always the best.

Happy as it is, maybe I should learn to cook myself.

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray

Friends who just made a statement (1 Person)

Like 0 Share

Comment Comment (2 comments)

Reply Report Igo 2016-1-15 12:26
Your father bought more than two kilos of garlic? Holy! Was he going to cook for an army with this much garlic or what? But it is all nice. Just a tip of your life there.
Reply Report CarolineKong 2016-1-15 16:52
The garlic is bought for our familly alone. We love it so much that we have it everyday.

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

Most Viewed

Most commented

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.