Readers’ Blog

It Is Snowing

Popularity 2Viewed 1969 times 2016-1-6 22:50 |Personal category:miscellaneous|System category:Life| represent, actually, familiar, another, outside

It is snowing outside. Like others who have never seen snow before I also take photos, but actually I was born in northern area and quiet familiar with it. For some people, it is interesting, as for me it means missing.
  In my mind, snow is the represent of winter. Without snow, the winter is not complete, as well as the seasons are not complete.
  This is the second time that snowing in Jinan. The first I happened to miss it by going to another southern city. In the moment of Wechat, plenty of pictures showed the very first snow of 2015. At this time, 2016 is already coming.
  I have a special feeling for snow since I was used to have snow accompanied with me in winter when I grew up. So at first I felt upset for the winter without snow. Until now I am still not used to take an umbrella with me in winter. In my hometown, few people use umbrellas in winter at snowing days. 
  It is hard to count how many times I was asked if the winter in my hometown was too cold to live. With the hot topic of haze, I believe you must know that we have heating installation. It is indeed cold outside as it is indeed warm inside.
  The snow here is melting while it is falling, whereas my hometown is always white in winter. In addition, Spring Festival which means getting together with family is in this season, so the snow contained my old memories.
  Now that I plan not to go back to my hometown, the snow means more than snow. It was my past which would support my future.

2016.01.06  11:00

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray

Friends who just made a statement (1 Person)

Like 0 Share

Comment Comment (2 comments)

Reply Report HenLaoLaoShi 2016-1-7 10:30
Your hometown and mine are similar.  In the US I live near the mountains in Colorado.  Lots of snow every winter.  Howver, when the sun comes out it is very strong and the snow melts quickly.  Nice a warm inside though.
Reply Report Altheaz 2016-1-8 21:34
HenLaoLaoShi: Your hometown and mine are similar.  In the US I live near the mountains in Colorado.  Lots of snow every winter.  Howver, when the sun comes out it i ...
maybe they have similar latitude.

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.