Readers’ Blog

We Badly Need to Stand on Others’ Foot

Popularity 5Viewed 2003 times 2016-1-5 16:54 |Personal category:miscellaneous|System category:Life

I was about to explore just when I was having a nap. It is not an exaggeration. Anger full in my chest when the noise kept flowing in my ears. The crack of plastic bag and the voice of squeezing out water of clothes.  

It was my roommate who has a habit to wash clothes at noon. Three years have past, I didn't remember how many times I was disturbed when I was sleeping. I must have the so called dark side of the bed and at the same time I am sensitive, even though it is low voice. Thus, carefully as she was, I still woke up as soon as she came in and dealt with those wet things. Tolerance is a hard thing to learn. By turning over again and again, I finally made it that not to yell out.

I can't help but madding at her, whereas she knew nothing of my feeling. Then I realized that she was the kind of person who is not influenced by the little noise when sleeping. 

Consequently, she thinks that everyone can ignore the little voice. It is natural that we take ourselves as the center of the world and from our own angle to see the world. After all, we can only clearly feel our own feelings. That is to say we often use our feelings represent others', which can easily cause misunderstanding.

I feel better when I reminded myself of this. Many times I calmed myself down from bursting by thinking of this principle. On the other hand, of course, it is important to let my roommate know and remember how easily I can be effected by low voice when I was sleeping.

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray

Friends who just made a statement (2 Person)

Like 0 Share

Comment Comment (12 comments)

Reply Report Dr.Bill.Shen 2016-1-5 19:00
seems she is quite inconsiderate to others.
Reply Report Altheaz 2016-1-6 22:43
she means to make lower voice, but I am so allergic to voice while sleeping.
Reply Report HenLaoLaoShi 2016-1-6 22:53
Yes, talking with her so she understands your sensitivity to noise is important.  This conversation could preserve your friendship and also find a way for you to get your rest!
Reply Report Kevinfly 2016-1-8 13:05
It is common sense in dormitory, roommates always has little habits make other people feel uncomfortable. Maybe you have too . But friendship between roommates are the most valuable, it will last for your whole life. You should let her know your feeling, or she may did not notice that.
Reply Report One_and_only 2016-1-9 16:23
hope u have solved this problem now
Reply Report Altheaz 2016-1-16 16:26
One_and_only: hope u have solved this problem now
Yes, I am on my winter vacation.
Reply Report Altheaz 2016-1-16 16:29
HenLaoLaoShi: Yes, talking with her so she understands your sensitivity to noise is important.  This conversation could preserve your friendship and also find a way ...
yeah, I think so.
Reply Report Altheaz 2016-1-16 16:31
Kevinfly: It is common sense in dormitory, roommates always has little habits make other people feel uncomfortable. Maybe you have too . But friendship be ...
Yes, such things always happened. Talking and understanding.
Reply Report 鬼藻 2016-2-17 12:57
I find that living with others is very difficult and we all need to put ourselves at others' shoes. I often would find it is intolerable for me to listen to their noise and usually I would tell myself that I can think of the noise as the backgrond music but I failed every time. Ha... What could we do? I'm afraid that we can't do anything about it until we leave the school.
Reply Report Altheaz 2016-2-17 23:47
鬼藻: I find that living with others is very difficult and we all need to put ourselves at others' shoes. I often would find it is intolerable for me to lis ...
Indeed. Not only in school, all the time we need to learn to live with others.
Reply Report 鬼藻 2016-2-18 16:03
Altheaz: Indeed. Not only in school, all the time we need to learn to live with others.
    Yes, yes, yes. You're so right.
Reply Report Altheaz 2016-2-19 07:49
鬼藻:      Yes, yes, yes. You're so right.

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.