Readers’ Blog

Is It Really A Happy Encounter At All ?

Viewed 590 times 2014-7-15 22:22 |Personal category:life|System category:Life| patience

That  was on  Sept. 26th ,  when  I  took  a  " lift " of  the  eyebrows  in  zheyi   Hospital . A  week  later ,  I  went  there  to  get  the  stiches  removed .   I   didn't  met  the  Dr. Xu  and  four  days  later  I  was at  Beijing  for  a  period   of  3  months'  time .
   But  alas ,  it was  only  the  beginning  of  a  bloody  story . Soon  I   found  a  stich  was  still  left  on  my  left  eyebrow  -- they  didn't  get  it  removed .  I  went  to  the  hospital  nearby ,  a  309  Hospital , where  there was  a  beauty  section , to  get  it  removed .    The  pretty  girl doctor  who  received  me  at  the  outdoor  patients room  looked  at  my  "surgeoned " eyebrows  disapprovingly  ,  said  they  seemed  to  be  getting  scars .  She  gave  me  some  gels for  outer  use . The  after-surgery  time  of  1--3  months  was  a  period  of  scar resurgence  when  I  was  at  Beijing  enjoying  my  time  .  Usually  I  put  on  a  hat  to  cover  the  eyebrows  and  people  there  starting  to  call  me   "hat  girl "  . 

On  26th ,  3  months  after  the  surgery ,  I   made  a  pay phone  call  to  Dr.  Xu   talking  wbout  my  eyebrows   .  He  answered  me  in  an  impatient  tone  quite  different  to  his  famous   considerable  & gentle  manner  which   gained  him  many " letters  of  applause  " in  his  personal  website  .  But  that  was  only  too  normal  for  a " celebrity" doctor --as  he  himself  put  it .    For  emphasis ,  I  quoted a  sentence  from  a    plastic  doctor's  comments   of  the  309 Hospital about  my  eyebrows  .
     "  I  would  scold  my  student deadly  if  that was    his  work ."
He rawed  out   as expected ,  insisting  on  to  know  the doctor's     name . 
       "That was  all  the  private clinic's  tricks .   "                       
  I  told  him  gloomily  I  got  4 eyebrows  all  together  after the  surgery .  He listened  and  promised  to  do  a  second  for me , free   of  charge ,  quite  drammatically . Well , that  was  all  I   could  hope .
      Later   I   paid  several   visits  to  Dr.  Xu  before  I  could  get  a  "second"  try . He  explained  the  scars  had  not  been  softened . On  June 10th ,  I  get  my  eyebrows  repaired ,  no  free  of  charge of  course ,  half  of   the  charge  actually .

As  a  person  who  lives in  a  world  of  clear  morals  ,  I  was  really  confused  at  the  ups-and-downs  of  my  beauty  quest  .  And  I  don't  know  how  to  judge  a  person  like    Dr.  Xu . Too  much  commercial  may  I  say ?  And  something  less ... 

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray
Like 0 Share

Comment (0 comments)

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

• A Tale of Two Cities 2014-5-24 00:06

I love Beijing. It's where I met that special someone in my life =)

• Mother's Day Gift 2014-5-13 20:31

ColinSpeakman: That is very thoughtful and I assume came as a surprise? Sometimes, surprises are nice!
    It's  a  huge  relief .

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

Most Viewed

Room

views

Most commented

Room

comments

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.