cecilia
reaching for the siliver line.

Readers’ Blog

Multi-layers world----- On “Source Code”

Popularity 6Viewed 1698 times 2015-12-20 09:48 |Personal category:thinking|System category:Others| layers, world

If you are also a fan of sci-fi, please read what I am going to write. If not, please also read this because you will know how important that the decision you make every time.

I am sick all day long so gave myself a movie day today. Then I watched the movie, “Source Code”, that my friend recommend to me. After I finished watching the movie, I suddenly realize the world is not the single one. Instead, there are many layers of the world. A layer stands for a different life. However, those layers are also connected together via a switch, which is the decision time that we encounter from time to time. I can give you an illustrative map over here.

Each line represents a layer of the world. The short vertical line represents the choice switches that we all have. That is to say, if you make a different decision in certain turning of life, your life will be go to a different road. To make a choice is like switch up a different life. However, the other choices that you did not go to still exist as paralleled layers. So here comes my hypothesis, that there are more than one “I” in the world. The other “I”s live in different layers of the world. If we can control time, then we can freely change from one layer to another, i.e. we can change the history or avoid something bad from happening. “Source code” is one option to leave people on different layers, I believe. In the end of the movie, captain did live in another layer of the world as the history teacher. Hence, the time limit for the “source code” is not “right” or maybe the doctor does not want people to know that.

Let us take this idea deeper. There are thousands layers of the world, indicating that there are thousands of “I”s living in the world at the same time. I am thinking, sometimes when I am lost in some crazy thought, like going to a lesbian bar alone, shaving all my hair, or kissing a stranger, maybe they are not just crazy thought; they are actually the memory pieces or the telegraphy between me and the other me on a different layer. Maybe the life that I am expecting to live is a sign given by another me in another different layer. In this case, writers are the God of their works, because they decide when the characters make decisions and what decisions they are going to make. Meanwhile, the writer will improvise the world layers for their characters to live. That is to say, the writers have made it possible to control the time.

I am so excited about this finding, which is given by the movie “Source Code”. I do believe the time is a magic existence, so maybe, you never know, that is the way to travel the time.

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray

Friends who just made a statement (2 Person)

Like 0 Share

Comment Comment (17 comments)

Reply Report voice_cd 2015-12-21 09:54
Thanks for sharing your story here, we have highlighted it in our blog homepage.
Reply Report seanboyce88 2015-12-21 14:19
This is an old theory. A very old theory. It's called multiple dimensions in English, not quite layers of the world but I understand what you mean.
Reply Report Dracarys 2015-12-22 08:35
similar to the parallel world theory .. And there is also a good anime I strongly recommend to you called steins gate ..
Reply Report Funny-boy 2015-12-22 10:16
If a person live in one layer only, it will be boredom easily. We need to try to change our life style sometimes for rich our life.
Reply Report cecilia颖 2015-12-22 11:07
voice_cd: Thanks for sharing your story here, we have highlighted it in our blog homepage.
thank you as always  
Reply Report cecilia颖 2015-12-22 11:11
seanboyce88: This is an old theory. A very old theory. It's called multiple dimensions in English, not quite layers of the world but I understand what you mean.
yeah, after i finished the bolg,i checked some review of thiz movie and found that this theory used in this movie... if i approach this movie from the regard of this theory, i may not think it through, but now, when i think this through, and go back to this theory and find that i am still able to understand physics though i have not touched it for almost seven years.
Reply Report cecilia颖 2015-12-22 11:13
Dracarys: similar to the parallel world theory .. And there is also a good anime I strongly recommend to you called steins gate ..
yeah. exactly. thank you for your reccommendation. i will watch that definitely. i like this kind of movie that makes me think a lot. In weekend, also another movie, which is not a sci-fi, but also tense in thinking, "The Prestige". i can't say i have thought through every plot of this movie.
Reply Report cecilia颖 2015-12-22 12:14
Funny-boy: If a person live in one layer only, it will be boredom easily. We need to try to change our life style sometimes for rich our life.
yeah, i guess we are like the bouncing balls on the layers of world, jumping from one layer to another.
Reply Report Dracarys 2015-12-22 17:27
cecilia颖: yeah. exactly. thank you for your reccommendation. i will watch that definitely. i like this kind of movie that makes me think a lot. In weekend, also ...
A British movie about homo?
Reply Report samlam 2015-12-26 10:54
You got the soul of the movie.
Reply Report cecilia颖 2015-12-27 21:04
Dracarys: A British movie about homo?
no, it is about two magicians directed by the same director of "Interstella", quite intriguing
Reply Report cecilia颖 2015-12-28 11:36
samlam: You got the soul of the movie.
thank you,  
Reply Report Dracarys 2015-12-28 18:32
cecilia颖: no, it is about two magicians directed by the same director of "Interstella", quite intriguing
I have seen it already ..  Nolan is my favorite director ..
Reply Report HailChina! 2016-2-3 16:22
I like your blog. What you are saying made me think of something that I was reading a while ago. -

-------------------------
Can we access these other energies contained within the encapsulated moment? Yes! These other moments, which encompass the Ever Present Moment, are accessible. Simultaneous Time coupled with the Ever Present Moment demand it to be so; and the instrument which enables you to obtain this information is with you all the time: your consciousness.

Because your past and future are accessible from the Ever Present Moment, you can check on, alter, and even communicate with those moments! Think for a minute how powerful and advantageous that can be for you now. Imagine calling on a future self, to help solve your present dilemma! Imagine going back into your past, so that you could warn a past self of a potentially dangerous event. What would those actions do for you now? The potential is infinite -- and awesome!

No longer will you hang on an unknown future or a disturbing present event. No longer will the past haunt you. The answer is simple! Go back and change those past moments or go forward and see what you will do. Your past and future, as well as your present, exist together within the present moment because time is simultaneous. Remember your point-of-power. Your point-of-power is your key to access those other moments. With your point-of-power properly focused, you can change what was and what will be, or look into what was and what will be, or even talk to what was and what will be.

Now that we have hyped you up, let's come down-to-earth a bit, before we go any further. By shifting your point-of-power and traveling backward in time, to change some undesired event, there are things that are not going to change, as far as your current moment concerns itself. For example, if you changed into a job that you regretted and you go back to that past self and stop that person from changing jobs, that is not going to alter the fact that you changed jobs in your reality. However, what will change is your present feelings that accompanied that mistake. You will no longer feel regret for that past action. You will have helped another part of yourself make a wiser move.

Furthermore, that changing of your past, through the Ever Present Moment, will influence the future you are drawing toward you. The past you have changed will cause other conditions to spring about more suited to your present needs. Eventually, your present moment will change into conditions similar to what you would be experiencing, had you not made the erroneous decision. Also, as if that is not enough, Simultaneous Time dictates that once you begin to reach to your past selves, to help them through difficult times, your future selves will come to your aid when you need it.

Now, the extension of future selves, in a reality that is simultaneous in nature, should bring you to the idea of your Higher-Self. You've heard people talking about that all-knowing self locked away some place. Your Higher-Self is a future self of you eons from now. Simultaneous Time unlocks that elusive Higher-Self and brings that wisdom right into your present. Your Higher-Self knows what is best for you because, in your Higher-Self's Ever Present Moment, your future is his past! Simultaneous Time is one reason your Higher-Self cares and loves you so much. Your present moment is his past. Your Higher-Self knows the all important lesson of Simultaneous Time: to make the present the best it can be, you must make the past and future the best they can be. Your Higher-Self loves you dearly -- for without you, he would not exist. Likewise, without your past, you would not exist. Therefore, when dealing with a past self, use only love, kindness, and compassion. Remember! It's you you are reaching out to.
-----------------------------------------
-wisdomsdoor.com

"Maybe the life that I am expecting to live is a sign given by another me in another different layer. In this case, writers are the God of their works, because they decide when the characters make decisions and what decisions they are going to make." - Celcilia

I like your idea a lot.
Reply Report cecilia颖 2016-2-5 21:35
HailChina!: I like your blog. What you are saying made me think of something that I was reading a while ago. -

-------------------------
Can we access these othe ...
thank you, my friend.   I read the article carefully and it is very much intriguing. Sometimes I also thought of the decisions I have made before, or the place I ended up in, then I connected them with my present, I found that the present is better than before and it might be tracted by somewhat invisible and imperceptible power super to self to an unknown but maby "expected" place.
Reply Report HailChina! 2016-2-5 23:33
cecilia颖: thank you, my friend.    I read the article carefully and it is very much intriguing. Sometimes I also thought of the decisions I have made befor ...
Maybe.

And you want to go to a lesbian bar alone? I find that to be very interesting. So you are a lesbian in another layer? This one too?

Have you seen the movie Sliding Doors? It has a similar idea to the movie you are talking about. Source Code. Kind of.
Reply Report HailChina! 2016-2-5 23:43
cecilia颖: thank you, my friend.    I read the article carefully and it is very much intriguing. Sometimes I also thought of the decisions I have made befor ...
I just thought of this too -

Man, I just had the weirdest dream back on the bus there.
:01:31
Do you ever have those dreams that are just completely real?
:01:33
I mean, they're so vivid, it's just like completely real.
:01:36
It's like there's always something bizarre going on in those.
:01:39
I have one about every two years or something.
:01:41
I always remember 'em really good.
:01:43
It's like there's always someone getting run over or something really weird.
:01:46
Uh, one time I had lunch with Tolstoy.
:01:49
Another time I was a roadie for Frank Zappa. Anyway.
:01:52
So this dream I just had, it was just like that...
:01:54
except instead of anything bizarre going on...
:01:56
I mean, there was nothing going on at all.
:01:58
Man. It was like The Omega Man. There was just nobody around.
:02:01
I was just traveling around...
:02:04
you know, staring out the windows of buses and trains and cars, you know.
:02:07
When I was at home, I was, like, flipping through the TV stations endlessly,
:02:10
reading.
:02:11
I mean, how many dreams do you have where you read in a dream?
:02:15
Wait. Man, there was this book I just read on the bus -
:02:18
You know, it was my dream, so I guess I wrote it or something.
:02:21
But, uh, man, it was bizarre. It was like, uh...
:02:23
the premise for this whole book...
:02:25
was that every thought you have creates its own reality, you know?
:02:29
It's like every choice or decision you make...
:02:31
the thing you choose not to do...
:02:33
fractions off and becomes its own reality, you know...
:02:35
and just goes on from there forever.
:02:38
I mean, it's like...
:02:40
uh, you know, in the Wizard of Oz...
:02:42
when Dorothy meets the Scarecrow and they do that little dance at that
:02:44
crossroads...
:02:45
and they think about going all those directions...
:02:47
then they end up going in that one direction.
:02:49
I mean, all those other directions, just because they thought about it...
:02:52
became separate realities.
:02:54
They just went on from there and lived the rest of their life.
:02:56
I mean, entirely different movies, but we'll never see it...
:02:59
because, you know, we're kind of trapped in this one reality restriction
:02:01
I was just traveling around...
:02:04
you know, staring out the windows of buses and trains and cars, you know.
:02:07
When I was at home, I was, like, flipping through the TV stations endlessly,
:02:10
reading.
:02:11
I mean, how many dreams do you have where you read in a dream?
:02:15
Wait. Man, there was this book I just read on the bus -
:02:18
You know, it was my dream, so I guess I wrote it or something.
:02:21
But, uh, man, it was bizarre. It was like, uh...
:02:23
the premise for this whole book...
:02:25
was that every thought you have creates its own reality, you know?
:02:29
It's like every choice or decision you make...
:02:31
the thing you choose not to do...
:02:33
fractions off and becomes its own reality, you know...
:02:35
and just goes on from there forever.
:02:38
I mean, it's like...
:02:40
uh, you know, in the Wizard of Oz...
:02:42
when Dorothy meets the Scarecrow and they do that little dance at that
:02:44
crossroads...
:02:45
and they think about going all those directions...
:02:47
then they end up going in that one direction.
:02:49
I mean, all those other directions, just because they thought about it...
:02:52
became separate realities.
:02:54
They just went on from there and lived the rest of their life.
:02:56
I mean, entirely different movies, but we'll never see it...
:02:59
because, you know, we're kind of trapped in this one reality restriction
:03:02
type of thing.
:03:04
Another example would be like back there at the bus station.
:03:07
As I got off the bus, the thought crossed my mind...
:03:09
you know, just for a second, about not taking a cab at all.
:03:12
But, you know, like maybe walking, or bummin' a ride or something like that.
:03:16
I'm kind of broke right now. I should've done that probably.
:03:18
But, uh, just 'cause that thought crossed my mind...
:03:20
there now exists at this very second...
:03:22
a whole 'nother reality where I'm at the bus station...
:03:25
and you're probably giving someone else a ride, you know?
:03:28
I mean, and that reality thinks of itself as this -
:03:31
it thinks of itself as the only reality, you know.
:03:33
I mean, at this very second, I'm in that -
:03:35
I'm back at the bus station just hangin' out, you know...
:03:38
probably thumbin' through a paper.
:03:40
You know, probably goin' up to a pay phone.
:03:44
Say this beautiful woman just comes up to me, just starts talking to me, you
:03:47
know?
:03:49
Uh, she ends up offering me a ride, you know.
:03:51
We're hitting it off. Go play a little pinball.
:03:53
And we go back to her apartment, I mean, she has this great apartment.
:03:56
I move in with her, you know.
:03:59
Say I have a dream some night...
type of thing.
:03:04
Another example would be like back there at the bus station.
:03:07
As I got off the bus, the thought crossed my mind...
:03:09
you know, just for a second, about not taking a cab at all.
:03:12
But, you know, like maybe walking, or bummin' a ride or something like that.
:03:16
I'm kind of broke right now. I should've done that probably.
:03:18
But, uh, just 'cause that thought crossed my mind...
:03:20
there now exists at this very second...
:03:22
a whole 'nother reality where I'm at the bus station...
:03:25
and you're probably giving someone else a ride, you know?
:03:28
I mean, and that reality thinks of itself as this -
:03:31
it thinks of itself as the only reality, you know.
:03:33
I mean, at this very second, I'm in that -
:03:35
I'm back at the bus station just hangin' out, you know...
:03:38
probably thumbin' through a paper.
:03:40
You know, probably goin' up to a pay phone.
:03:44
Say this beautiful woman just comes up to me, just starts talking to me, you
:03:47
know?
:03:49
Uh, she ends up offering me a ride, you know.
:03:51
We're hitting it off. Go play a little pinball.
:03:53
And we go back to her apartment, I mean, she has this great apartment.
:03:56
I move in with her, you know.
:03:59
Say I have a dream some night...
:04:01
that I'm with some strange woman I've never met...
:04:03
or I'm living at some place I've never seen before.
:04:06
See, that's just a momentary glimpse into this other reality...
:04:09
that was all created back there at the bus station.
:04:11
You know, shoot. And then, you know...
:04:13
I could have a dream from that reality into this one...
:04:17
that, like, this is my dream from that reality.
:04:20
Of course, that's kind of like that dream I just had on the bus, you know.
:04:23
The whole cycle type of thing.
:04:26
Man, shit. I should've stayed at the bus station.
----------------------------------------------------------
- Slacker script

Have you seen the 1991 movie Slacker? Its pretty good.

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.