post-lei's space
to deliver a little different world

Readers’ Blog

Amazing Chinese ink painting artist

Popularity 1Viewed 1686 times 2014-6-30 23:43 |Personal category:people|System category:Life| impressive, Recently, painting, distance, Chinese

Recently I made a small video about Lan Zhenghui-- an ink painting artist.I was impressive by his easy-going personality, because most famous artists I met before always keep a distance with you.He is quick-thinkin person, Ithink that is why he keeps the advanced opinion and painting style in the ink painting field.

In the history of Chinese art, writing and painting are inevitably drawn to one another. They virtually overlap one another as they derive from the same source. There are times when the legibility of the calligraphic signs may suddenly turn to abstraction or beyond recognition. We see the genesis of this tendency in the wild cursive script of Zhang Shui and the "drunken monk" Huai-su, who both worked during the eighth century of the Tang. Their powerful and eccentric linear constructions reveal a distillation of profound thought as it moves into lyrical feeling. In the later genres of Chinese landscape painting, one may detect traces of these linear motifs in the compositions of the great ink painters from the Northern Sung Dynasty of the late tenth century and eventually in the masterful scrolls of the Ming Dynasty five centuries later.

In contemporary ink wash painting, which some scholars associate with the  "1985 New Wave" in China, this quality of line -- perhaps more eccentric than lyrical -- also plays a pre-eminent role as a discerning factor in representing the state of mind of the artist. The task of the painter is to discover nature through contemplating emptiness of mind as in the tradition of the Ch'an painters several centuries earlier. This void (or sunyata) harbors not only the force and momentum within these large ink paintings, but also informs the work's infinite feeling for space. Lan's "heavy ink" paintings --a term coined by Chinese critic Liu Xiaochun-- come full circle into the foreground of contemporary Chinese art. Through the process of layering ink on water, Lan's densely refined and bristling surfaces of black ink transform our awareness of space through the relativity of time.

When I first time saw him drawing on the paper which is laying down on the ground, it looks like him was painting a beautiful scene by is miracle bruch. And definitely I will put the video here later.

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray
Like 0 Share

Comment (0 comments)

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

• My view of the recently violent incident report 2014-8-7 00:16

mo0o: I think it is an interesting idea to create comedy that laughs at criminals, mocking their belief and ideas.  By this way, people are more likely to e ...
    talk skow..........

• My view of the recently violent incident report 2014-8-7 00:12

I think it is an interesting idea to create comedy that laughs at criminals, mocking their belief and ideas.  By this way, people are more likely to enjoy watching your message and to share.

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

Most Viewed

An Easier Life

views

2019-12-02

views

Most commented

Say No to That Girl

comments

An Easier Life

comments

2019-12-02

comments

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.