post-lei's space
to deliver a little different world

Readers’ Blog

Do we need a gap year?

Popularity 2Viewed 1695 times 2014-6-30 17:59 |System category:Life

The concept of Gap Year is that young people originally from Europe and the United States before entering the university will choose travel instead, because they have not determined their own future, don't know their interests or doubt should be engaged in the business or not, so they need around one to two years to get to know and understand the society. The school will accept their application, and then delay their entrance. Harvard University admissions office on its web site shows - "for tomorrow is suspended exit or burning youth?"

During this period, people take the initiative to slow down, to rethink their own direction. Although off work, but it is still a little different from 'gap' literally. It isn't a simple trip from the beginning, it is the rational judgment after decision. Not content with the status quo, so need to leave the status quo, to reset a space, and plan a new future. During the gap, he is on the way to another goal, after the gap, may be meet a new himself.

What does the gap bring to you?

Gap will not bring your life upside down, basically if you believe the 'gap' can let you from a nobody to a Billionaire, then it is very difficult. But if you want to become a more favorable lean from a nobody or understand yourself better , a gap year can be done.

A gap year can help you better control over yourself. Our life often sidelined, grip the throat of destiny and such silly sentences usually appears only in middle school composition. Later, with the ebb and flow of population, you eventually become insignificant things. Gap year will help you to rethink the question: "if I should be more interested in things", "if I had more potential to work in the different area", "what else can I do?"This is a quiet planning, its function in the quiet.

A gap year can make your left life time in the gap forever?

as many people have such worry, what should I do after gap year? Still want to go back to the normal social track, still have to work, want to live a life. Using the gap to know their own future, to find the direction of life, after all, not all if there isn't enough human capital, after a hiatus in the future career is still confused, and the original work has irrevocably lost, then who will bear the risk in this, how do you take? Unfortunately, only you face the risk.

If no more requirement to yourself, let yourself have more ability to resist risks, just satisfied with each New Year with no gap, following years in the job, then the nine to five, step-by-step humble life is probably not far away. Because in the end, the group will give up you, Although every several days we try very hard to consumption, party hard, if really have keep up with the life pace, as if really already earn pension money( if it is earned, it doesn't matter) , but really like this? Most results we made and benefits always belong to the boss, and you take your little part, but has begun to enjoy life and all used in consumption, rather than charging for yourselves, for the investment - will you not think it is worse than a cost of the gap year?

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray
Like 0 Share

Comment Comment (4 comments)

Reply Report mo0o 2014-8-6 23:45
I notice employers will look more favourably on a candidate who has travelled or gained more life experience.
Reply Report post-lei 2014-8-6 23:59
mo0o: I notice employers will look more favourably on a candidate who has travelled or gained more life experience.
Thank you for your comment, I think in China,  the  hidden tight competition in the employment marketing will make employers very care the working experience, generally 1-2 years experience is one level, 2-5 years is another, so most people they would like to travel, but they have plan their career path at the meanwhile,, so ....although like this, i still recommend people give a break, because this is useful if you lost in the city......
Reply Report post-lei 2014-8-7 00:01
chrisjune0611: I do think the gap year is necessary for us, it makes our life complete and offers our life more possibilities.
you are right, I think in the future, the HR will take consider that gap year is a good thing to do, even it makes people less working experience

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

• My view of the recently violent incident report 2014-8-7 00:16

mo0o: I think it is an interesting idea to create comedy that laughs at criminals, mocking their belief and ideas.  By this way, people are more likely to e ...
    talk skow..........

• My view of the recently violent incident report 2014-8-7 00:12

I think it is an interesting idea to create comedy that laughs at criminals, mocking their belief and ideas.  By this way, people are more likely to enjoy watching your message and to share.

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.