Readers’ Blog

Four BEE, Four BOO, Four BAA

Viewed 1143 times 2019-5-29 08:04 |Personal category:Consulting|System category:News

A long time ago in a land far, far, far away, so far away that I wonder whether it was a reverie, I used to watch the good society offline like on TV, never allowed in because of someone I had to care for...

"Do it all, do it all, do it all alone for everyone, do it all for free, do it all alone..."

And I learned to talk to the caretakers of that good society in English so criminal anglophones could not understand. I learned to debate instead of fight. I trusted policies, processes, and I used to believe our police prevent crimes.

And then I got disappointed. I know, disappointment is caused by having high expectations. Civilization, as Ghandi said, would be a good idea. 

My refrain, 
"Do it all, do it all, do it all alone for everyone, do it all for free, do it all alone... I was the only adult in the situation."

America gets excited by rolling out new technology like the Internet. And I hoped maybe I could break free of the prison of being the only adult in a country of overgrown infants who believe white collar crime is no crime and they're not criminals for breaking laws because police haven't yet arrested them. 

My escape into normality [that's China, by the way], lost me my debate partners, gained me conversationalists, and we were interrupted by delusional fighters who don't debate, and who are not the western societal caregivers with whom I converse. So in China, my voice changed; I speak to children to talk with adults so the criminals don't know.

That's where Four BEE, BOO and BAA enter: the story is from Tanith Lee, a fantastic science fiction fantasy about utopia funded by energy from emotional expressions. 

"Do it all, do it all, do it all alone for everyone, do it all for free, do it all alone..."

Finally, I saw the refrain happens only among the criminals who aren't yet arrested. I recognized them from Ayn Rand's book, Atlas Shrugged. She called them parasites. I call them criminals. 

I hoped to teach my Chinese students to debate because debates are fun. We started. 

The criminals don't believe it's wrong to take. The criminals don't believe it's wrong to say truth is false for no reason other than refusal to see extant evidence from witnesses. What is the scientific process and shouldn't a civilized expert know? 

It's never been worth the air we breathe to talk with them. Ayn Rand said of takers: the furniture in the room is more useful than they are. 

That isn't my refrain anymore. There are moments when I feel cornered by a taker, a parasitic criminal, who obstructs justice to complain the effect of the crime is evident and denies self-involvement, but aside from those moments, I'm not the only adult in the conversation anymore. 

I wish for the magic to make Four BEE, BOO and BAA, the three cities of guided playtime lives for emotive non-workers, as the cities are self-sustaining and kind to Earth by shielding the inhabitants within city limits. Tanith Lee was onto something good, and I think some  government consultants could feel too scared to say a good idea came from science fiction. 

These are background impulses when I read how America is trying to bully China, and I know, China doesn't know how to be a freeloader. America and Canada are sibling nations, more cooperative than, say, Crimea with Russia, to give a reasonable example. America had a dream of leading the west in foreign policy. We have a correlated cancer in society: the barkers. 

The barkers aren't necessarily givers or takers; they skipped communications school is all that can be surmised. The barkers are being dropped and it's been happening here in NA for decades. Life without barkers is nice, calm, pleasant and usually it makes more sense... until the takers who are less useful than furniture [Ayn Rand's description] slowly gain confidence to speak. 

American foreign policy of the 1980s to 2000s relied heavily on barkers barking orders at Nato, WTO, WHO, and anyone else. That's failing. Worse, they're increasingly expected to make sense. EU is openly showing loathing of barkers. 

The economic problem is too big to put into prison. We don't have enough police to arrest all the white collar criminals. Ayn Rand's fantasy solution is a character she named John Galt, an abused genius. 

Reading China Daily's article "US has reaped huge benefits from China's reform and opening-up" while Canada's Globe and Mail simultaneously publishes "The Canada-China crisis is a game of chess, and Ottawa needs to stop playing it with checker pieces"... so, I feel I need to read the news to someone, to adults in society who care for civilization, knowing we 
"Do it all, do it all, do it all for everyone, do it all for the real economy..." together; we're not alone. 

I hope you read Tanith Lee's utopia. The self-sustaining cities Four BEE, Four BOO, Four BAA, are playgrounds for the harmless inhabitants whose lives are appropriately scripted, and one could even say, civilization is still upheld among the minority who choose to work with the AI authorities. 

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray
Like 0 Share

Comment (0 comments)

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

• Happy birthday to you! (or not :-) ) 2019-7-4 00:07

A couple of friends have a birthday on our national holiday, 1 July, so I started wondering why we celebrate birthdays (it's nice but the history is interesting) and the responsibility for giving is different in different cultures.

• Happy birthday to you! (or not :-) ) 2019-7-3 23:12

Birthday?Why birthday

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.