Readers’ Blog

What should single ladies do on Valentine's Day

Popularity 12Viewed 4312 times 2014-8-2 13:45 |Personal category:hot topic|System category:Life| Valentine, single

In the early morning, oceans of romantic pictures jump into my eyes when I browse the web. I feel a littlle bit panic, what I am gonna to do, while others are busy with various happinesses. I take out my photos, and have a crazy idea that I'll send lucky messages to my friends, which would be a heavy day. I KNOW, I CANN'T. If I do, am I insane? I can not waste my time on waiting others' messages as well, because I am not a heartthrob.

Wait, at least, I do not need to brack my brain trying to figure out what gift he wants or what present I'll get. And I will not be annoyed by what kind of food we want to eat, what kind of movie we want to watch. More importantly, I have no worry that we do not get the prize in the kissing contest. Hence, come on, single ladies~

On Valentine's Day
You can be a couch potato
Prepare all the snacks with you, and watch all your favourite reality shows that you have no time for it on working time. By the way, classical movies are very adorable as well.

You can be a mall rat
Sales promotions monopolize every mall and store both before and after Valentine's Day. Therefore, it is time for you to dress you up.

You can be a bosom companion
Since all couples are hanging out, it is a chance for you to seize with those who do not have yet. Just give your ultimate friends a call, and then have meal together. It is also an unforgetable festival, isn't it?

You can be a blogger
As I do right now, write the thoughts and feelings bursting out from your heart.
Trust me, when you post it, you will be happy as a lark.

As single ladies, there are many things we can do on Valentine's Day.
So what do you want to be, or what do you do on this day, share your plans.

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray

Friends who just made a statement (4 Person)

Like 1 Share

Comment Comment (25 comments)

Reply Report 财神 2014-8-7 18:52
Its normal another day of the month, what's the strange for any single lady (though i am not a lady) at that day? does Sun rise from west? its normal. No need to ponder about that and do your normal works, that leads your day in progress.  
Reply Report Hannah.E 2014-8-7 19:34
财神: Its normal another day of the month, what's the strange for any single lady (though i am not a lady) at that day? does Sun rise from west? its normal. ...
Come on, it was a festival, how could you so calm? Though till now, it has nothing to do with me.
Reply Report 财神 2014-8-8 16:25
Hannah.E: Come on, it was a festival, how could you so calm? Though till now, it has nothing to do with me.
You are not compelled to celebrate this Festival, its your mental state. if you have a colorful thoughts you are always in festive mood.  
Reply Report seaandson 2014-8-8 21:19
Hannah.E: Sorry for delay reply, I got back to my hometown where I was busy with my friends.
Hope we can chat more and enjoy blog together.
sure,how's it going about your busy days? i must remember you and keep in touch with you,even though the contest is end
Reply Report KristaChen 2014-8-9 07:49
Many single ladies trouble themsleves on such day. And all I want to say is why not cheirsh this temporary freedom and enjoy it.
Reply Report Hannah.E 2014-8-9 10:01
KristaChen: Many single ladies trouble themsleves on such day. And all I want to say is why not cheirsh this temporary freedom and enjoy it.
haha, it is true.
Reply Report Hannah.E 2014-8-9 10:02
seaandson: sure,how's it going about your busy days? i must remember you and keep in touch with you,even though the contest is end
yes, the contest ended, but I  will keep going.
Reply Report Hannah.E 2014-8-9 10:03
财神: You are not compelled to celebrate this Festival, its your mental state. if you have a colorful thoughts you are always in festive mood.   
allways mature man.
Reply Report HailChina! 2014-8-9 15:39
When was Valentines Day? Did I miss it?
Reply Report 财神 2014-8-9 16:19
Hannah.E: allways mature man.

Reply Report Hannah.E 2014-8-10 10:23
HailChina!: When was Valentines Day? Did I miss it?
haha, you did totally miss it,
anyway, you had seen my post, which meant you had it.
Reply Report laneferm 2014-8-13 13:21
love can be a fickle thing. It all depends on how reliable the people are. Its important not to take things too seriously. Thats a mistake i use to make. Just sort of "go with the flow". If an emotional connection has been made, then thats a start. Who knows where it will end up, but you can't help but be optimistic ...
Reply Report Newtown 2014-8-13 14:41
SEARU: I AM the seventh reader to your 'festival'! HERE, I have a good advice:
In that evening, look up into the sky, find the happiest three stars and ask  ...
Fairy stories - you mean like the moon fairy and the cowboy ? Don't all folks in China know that one ?
Reply Report Hannah.E 2014-8-13 17:17
laneferm: love can be a fickle thing. It all depends on how reliable the people are. Its important not to take things too seriously. Thats a mistake i use to ma ...
haha, i am always positive to this stuff.
Reply Report Hannah.E 2014-8-13 17:20
Newtown: Fairy stories - you mean like the moon fairy and the cowboy ? Don't all folks in China know that one ?
haha, that is a good question.
Maybe we need to review it.
Reply Report SEARU 2014-8-13 18:50
Newtown: Fairy stories - you mean like the moon fairy and the cowboy ? Don't all folks in China know that one ?
Thank you for the question!
I think everyone’s imagination has no boundary, you could think more freely in the silent night while looking up into the sky at that special festival, in her or his deep mind, she or he would invent more vivid new fairy tale that may be fit for self-telling!......
Reply Report SEARU 2014-8-13 18:56
Hannah.E: haha, that is a good question.
Maybe we need to review it.
I wish you could pass the exam through your work!
Reply Report laneferm 2014-8-14 00:24
that is the best. Always be positive. There will easy times and hard times. Don't make a decision without looking at the long picture...
Reply Report Hannah.E 2014-8-14 10:04
laneferm: that is the best. Always be positive. There will easy times and hard times. Don't make a decision without looking at the long picture...
that's true, taking it slow would be better
Reply Report Hannah.E 2014-8-14 10:04
SEARU: I wish you could pass the exam through your work!
haha,  

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

• Can girls take the initiative to chase boys 2017-3-24 20:38

It is a change that most females want but not able to do so. You are courageous to face it yourself but not alone. Just that your similar counterparts are not nearby you. One distinctive aspect is that you gave your opinion loud and clear, while your classmates surpressed theirs. Perhaps, even the males did. It was not something that your western sisters were bequeathed upon since birth. They struggled for equality. Finally, they reached and received it with pride.

• There is a four letter word called----EXAM 2017-1-18 11:44

Student life is good life without Examination!

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.