Readers’ Blog

What Chinese girls find sexy…cigarettes?

Popularity 7Viewed 9620 times 2014-2-25 03:41 |Personal category:Lifestyle|System category:Life| Chinese, girls, sexy, dating, lifestyles

We all have our differences when it comes to the people we would call sexy…in Africa and some parts of America, a woman needs to be plump and should have pronounced hips and behind (for lack of a saner term.)

In China, you are in a different world for sure. Usually when I go to the playground for a jog, I am always amazed at the number of people fighting to make rounds around the laps, most of them are girls and most are those that would pass as super-sexy in Africa, only here in China, they are too fat and are trying to drop weight.

My informer, a Chinese girl who is slim in African terms, insists that even she is fat and when I ask her what a sexy girl looks like, she points to that really slim girl, no meat about her and with that famed high thigh gap.

Well, it seems the Asian male has its own likes, even in Korea my friend Hyejin reports the main reason she is single is because she is a little plus size….but to me, she is totally the woman my mama would love to see me present as a fiancée.

But that is beside the point, what about the men…what type of men do Chinese girls find sexy?

Well, we all know this is a PhD level question…some Chinese are very particular about their men, some prefer exclusively Caucasians, some will take everything African and I have heard some say that they never see themselves dating anything but Chinese.

But to me, the most appealing group of people to Chinese girls is the Korean boy. I think it’s because South Korea invests so much to influence Asia with its movies and soaps and music, Koreans are hot property in the part of town I live and I take Korean is sexy here…

My informant, when I asked her what she finds sexy in a man, said something that blew my mind…she said, some Chinese girls find the smell of tobacco on a guy’s clothes and in his mouth a very big turn on.

I was shocked. But I kind of got it, I see many a Chinese guy puffing away and usually the girl they have on their side doesn’t mind at all and doesn’t seem bothered…

Smoking is to Chinese girls what a six-pack is to American girls? Maybe. Maybe not.

In the end, like a research just out this month, girls will not mind your looks but consider your character…however that is just on paper.

In reality, and this is my thesis, girls want guys with money and magazine looks and that is if you are in a big city like Shanghai…out here in the likes of Jinan, if you say you will marry her, you are as sexy as Austin Powers!

(Opinions of the writer in this blog don't represent those of China Daily.)

Passing

Eggs

Flowers

Shake hands

Ray

Friends who just made a statement (1 Person)

Like 1 Share

Comment Comment (28 comments)

Reply Report Dr.Bill.Shen 2014-2-27 03:10
As a smoker, I can testify that puffing has been hardly charm-added. I have been told repeatedly that I smell like a zoo. Do not mistaken that smoking can enhance your luck unless you possess magic catalyst to start that chemical reaction turning a zoo into a Disneyland.
Reply Report ColinSpeakman 2014-2-28 14:14
I would say that, as more and more girls graduate university, finding a guy with a higher degree than they have, as well as a house/apartment, has been trumping good looks, in the long-term relationship stakes.
Reply Report mutafire 2014-3-1 06:38
Dr.Bill.Shen: As a smoker, I can testify that puffing has been hardly charm-added. I have been told repeatedly that I smell like a zoo. Do not mistaken that smoking ...
smelling like a zoo? hahaha, you have met very mean persons, i see
Reply Report mutafire 2014-3-1 06:39
ColinSpeakman: I would say that, as more and more girls graduate university, finding a guy with a higher degree than they have, as well as a house/apartment, has bee ...
And i always fail to marry the fact that there are more men than girls and yet more girls are single, something is amiss in this country
Reply Report Dr.Bill.Shen 2014-3-1 07:14
mutafire: And i always fail to marry the fact that there are more men than girls and yet more girls are single, something is amiss in this country
A quite disheartening fact is that boys are preferred traditionally in vast countryside. most abandoned are infant girls whose fate are hardly reflected in statistics. When girls grow up, they are more free than boys to go somewhere to find work. That is why you see more girls in big cities.
Reply Report snowipine 2014-3-6 05:32
Cigarette is no more an charming character for a man.
Reply Report laoren1234 2014-3-7 03:00
I thought Chinese girls like the "Gao Fu Shuai" (tall, rich, good-looking) type of guys and ranked in that order. On the other hand Chinese boys prefer their ladies "Bai Fu Mei", meaning (fair-skinned, rich, pretty). So it seems money outranks looks nowadays.
Reply Report mutafire 2014-3-7 13:35
laoren1234: I thought Chinese girls like the "Gao Fu Shuai" (tall, rich, good-looking) type of guys and ranked in that order. On the other hand Chinese  ...
You are damn right!
Reply Report MissBarbara 2014-3-14 08:16
Very interesting. So do you smoke? One Chinese girl I knew very well declared she would only marry a Chinese guy, but 3 months after she met a Brit she married him, and now they are off in Korea. Oh, he doesn't smoke. I do think there is something to that theory about girls liking guys that smoke, over here, though.
Reply Report mutafire 2014-3-14 08:18
MissBarbara: Very interesting. So do you smoke? One Chinese girl I knew very well declared she would only marry a Chinese guy, but 3 months after she met a Brit sh ...
Trust me, Chinese girls sleep and dream of foreign husbands and the tougher they say they are the more desperate they actually are...things are changing, but the West still remains a disney to Chinese girls
Reply Report MissBarbara 2014-3-14 17:29
And China is Disneyland to me.
Reply Report mutafire 2014-3-15 04:37
MissBarbara: And China is Disneyland to me.
You are a special case
Reply Report claudeckenni 2014-5-2 17:27
Well educated girls will understand that a man who smokes is actually pitiful. Nothing's cool about him.
Reply Report mutafire 2014-5-2 20:23
claudeckenni: Well educated girls will understand that a man who smokes is actually pitiful. Nothing's cool about him.
And in my dictionary, I add beer guzzlers to the list of the uncool ...smoking is indeed pitiful a sham
Reply Report bex 2014-5-25 23:13
jesue christ smoking smell from mouth is definatelly NOT a turn on for me. i really hate smoking man, unless you are as good looking as david beckham then maybe could be an expection hahaha just joking
Reply Report mutafire 2014-5-26 01:24
bex: jesue christ smoking smell from mouth is definatelly NOT a turn on for me. i really hate smoking man, unless you are as good looking as david beckham  ...
hahahahaha, thats no joke...many girls here are head over heels over Becks...but he is surely not as good looking as some people say he is...there are better guys...like Jet Lee...
Reply Report bex 2014-5-26 08:57
mutafire: hahahahaha, thats no joke...many girls here are head over heels over Becks...but he is surely not as good looking as some people say he is...there are ...
LOL no no no Jet li,  its like Im bullying him by just standing besides him, Im not tall only 160cm, but jet Li is only 165cm? apart from this he's a kongfu guy Im afraid Id fly to outer space if I pissed him off   

and david beckham wasnt the bit I was joking about (I really personally think he is attractive haha, the joke bit was 'if the guy is good looking, girls wont care about the bad smell off him' . as least for me, I will find a guy really attractive isn't his face nor how much money in his pocket, but I do care if he's smell like an ash tray, if he does, id tell him to go fly a kite
Reply Report mutafire 2014-5-26 14:51
bex: LOL no no no Jet li,  its like Im bullying him by just standing besides him, Im not tall only 160cm, but jet Li is only 165cm? apart from this he's a  ...
hahaha, you are funny! Well, I hope i like short Chinese men, sturdy, stout, short legs...tough build...the have speed written all about them...i mean, imagine Jet Li in bed...he would do his tai chi thing and you would wake up the next day...still in a state of orgasm....

As for Becks, i am just jealous because he didnt even work hard to get rich...no school, no business...just drop out and kick a ball around...haha
Reply Report bex 2014-5-26 15:34
mutafire: hahaha, you are funny! Well, I hope i like short Chinese men, sturdy, stout, short legs...tough build...the have speed written all about them...i mean ...
ewww we Chinese are too innocent to talk about what you wrote in the first paragraph .. but in any ways, I still don't fancy short guys.. Beckham got a million dollar face enough for paying all his bills! look, a trip to China did some kind of spokesman only a flash made billions! But i dont like pretty boy either, im a picky person! hahaha!
Reply Report mutafire 2014-5-26 15:52
bex: ewww we Chinese are too innocent to talk about what you wrote in the first paragraph .. but in any ways, I still don't fancy short guys.. Beckha ...
hahaha, i love that first one: We Chinese are so traditional...i have heard it so much...even from people that are very very modern in their approach to life...haha

facelist doodle Doodle board

You need to login to comment Login | register

Album

Recent comments

Star blogger

Anming

views

Maierwei

views

财神

views

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.