Views: 18880|Replies: 102

50 of the world’s best breakfasts   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-19 14:32:06 |Display all floors
Not quite had your fill of breakfasts just yet? Check out this beautifully visual list of the 50 best breakfasts from around the world.

I love to eat breakfast, it’s the best meal of the day as far as I’m concerned. Pancakes, cereal, brunch, eggs, healthy breakfasts, greasy breakfasts, I’m not fussy. My only trouble is what to choose…

1. A full English Breakfast – it must have beans, sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, hash browns and toast. Of course, it should all be knocked back with a cup of tea, but black pudding is optional as far as I’m concerned

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-19 14:32:21 |Display all floors

2. Israeli Breakfast – Oringally only enjoyed by residents of the kibbutz, the Isreali breakfast soon became popularised by hotels for its fresh produce and general yumminess. Fresh bread, a variety of hard and soft cheeses, fresh juice, olives, jam and butter are all regulars on the Israeli breakfast plate

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-19 14:32:36 |Display all floors

3. Breakfast van de Netherlands - Usually served with a dark syrup called ‘stroop’,  these delicious apple pancakes are a delicious combination of sweet, tart, and salty. Usually thinner than their American counterpaty, Dutch pancakes are often enjoyed on special occasions too!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-19 14:32:46 |Display all floors

4. Polish Breakfast – known locally as Jajecznica, a traditional Polish breakfast consists of scrambled eggs covered with slices of custom-made kielbasa and joined by two potato pancakes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-19 14:33:00 |Display all floors

5. Quick Spanish breakfast – Pan a la Catalana, or Pan con Tomate, in Spain is simple but really delicious. Just rub some bread with fresh garlic and plenty of ripe tomato, then drizzle with olive oil and salt. Top with cheese, ham or sausage for an extra bit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-19 14:33:11 |Display all floors

6. A yummy Moroccan breakfast - usually consists of different breads with some chutney, jam, cheese or butter. They have a really delicious crumpet-style bread which they make in huge slabs for you to tear a bit off, and a semolina pancake bread called Baghir – both arereally tasty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-19 14:33:23 |Display all floors

7. A healthy Hawaiian breakfast – I couldn’t imagine Hawaiians eating anything but fruit to be honest. Of course, there’s the bagel but I’m sure they’d burn the energy from that off in a few minutes on their surf board anyway

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.