Author: UYA

Could the US sustain a China population?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2017-12-7 11:00:26 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-7 09:33
I tend to agree.

Unfortunately, the bigger the state the less life it is promoting; the most p ...

Before responding to your post, I had to look back on this thread.
And I gotta say.......
You love the attention

So I'm going to "poke the bear" here......
The bigger a country grows, is the validation of the government serving the people!
China has achieved what no other nation has EVER done before.
When in the world did ANY country feed 20% of the population?
Maintain (and improving) a lower poverty rate against other industrial nations.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-12-7 15:18:45 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2017-12-7 11:00
Before responding to your post, I had to look back on this thread.
And I gotta say.......
You love ...

Your beliefs are mainly informed by numerical factors, not qualitative ones. How sad.

I think HAPPINESS is not to be sought in numbers but in the feelings that come from people's hearts. No matter how much money you have it won't make your heart healthier.

The idea that a government is responsible for people's happiness is Utopian and unrealistic. I don't share it.

What China has achieved in recent time is proof that it has finally after long last understood that going it alone and defying the laws of common sense are recipes for disaster (as we witnessed in the 1960s and 1970s).

An empire such as China will always be fraught with power issues. Power struggles absorb a lot of intellectual energy. That in turn can pauperise the people, and that's what has happened throughout China's history. People in an empire such as China cannot put their creative energies to optimal use because they are constantly in need to show allegiance to the rulers.

Small countries are more efficient and they create more idealistic conditions. China only can gladden the hearts of materialistic people. To some extent the U.S.A. is in similar straits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-7 15:30:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by UYA at 2017-12-7 16:16
seneca Post time: 2017-12-7 15:18
Your beliefs are mainly informed by numerical factors, not qualitative ones. How sad.

I think H ...
The idea that a government is responsible for people's happiness is Utopian and unrealistic.

Government has NO effect on the happiness of its people?
So if Hitler were in power.....
It would be the same as if it was America or China?
The Jews would be walking around saying "shalom"
can you name ANY other nation, that took care of 20% of the world population??????

(maybe its too late for me, I must be dreaming)
recipes for disaster (as we witnessed in the 1960s and 1970s).

Are we talking about a time when there was.....
black and white TV's
LP albums
Beatles
Elvis
(oops I'm still here)

Don't you think you would be able to name something more recent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-7 16:22:00 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-7 15:18

I think H ...
I think HAPPINESS is not to be sought in numbers but in the feelings that come from people's hearts

Are you the expert on "happiness"?

Holy sh*t that scares me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-8 05:57:58 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2017-12-7 15:30
Government has NO effect on the happiness of its people?
So if Hitler were in power.....
It would  ...

You take your usual myopic  short-term view of things. The relatively decent governance of the Chinese rulers is ephemeral at best and even so it is not without serious stains. In most of China's history, a single man ruled over people and much to their detriment. How could the ordinary people ever develop a sense of "happiness"? It is an exotic good that Chinese have never known. What they are discovering these days is consumerism and material superabundance. In what way do these firm up a person's sense of happiness? they give only brief spells of satisfaction followed by a hunger for more. Materialism is an addiction that ruins people's minds. As you must have experienced during your few years of "teaching" in China, money is everything and honesty is relative. In such a society people lose self-confidence and trust in each other. They have no moral compass and need authority to lead them. They literally never grow up and always depend on the government to take care of them. The tragedy is that China is such a big empire and that such big numbers of people are denied real happiness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-8 06:00:26 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2017-12-7 16:22

I hve certainly acquired a deeper understanding of the concept of "happiness" than those who only view it through the prism of materialist considerations. I have a great and abiding respect for people who work to live and I have less respect for people who amass wealth in the wrong belief that possessions make them happy or give them dignity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-8 09:24:47 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2017-12-7 16:22

See the "holy sh it" that YOU posted:

When in the world did ANY country feed 20% of the population?

Although your sentence is poorly constructed, I get its gist: what you are trying to say is that the C.P.C. is taking care/feeding 20% of the world's population...

Humbug. Absolute nonsense.

China is not taking care of 20% of the world's population; it is only taking care of its own people or peoples, to perhaps the extent of 100% (or less), but not people of the world.

The world owes China nothing for doing its own job.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.