Author: greendragon

Should China STAY CALM, & CARRY ON. or do a recession to renew growth [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-26 20:02:40 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2014-3-26 01:40
Hong Kong people are like leeches.
Without the British they would be nothing.
They make money from ...

Hong Kong is a very important node is global OUTSOURCING industry.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-26 20:07:35 |Display all floors
HK doesn't have an outsourcing industry anymore nor it's a commerial hub.  Now It's just a tourist hot spot for tourists from mainland

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-26 20:08:20 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2014-3-26 20:07
HK doesn't have an outsourcing industry anymore nor it's a commerial hub.  Now It's just a tourist h ...

that's new for me, ted

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-26 20:17:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2014-3-26 20:19
greendragon Post time: 2014-3-26 20:08
that's new for me, ted

Well, I hate to disappoint you. I'd say HK has been mainlandized. The most richest guys living in Hongkong are mostly real estate developers who have also made considerable investments in mainland.

Guess what? Hongkong used to have a thriving entertainment business; its film industry was a template for other Asian nations to emuplate, including South Korea. Now South Korea is the leader of the pack in this industry, whereas you can  hardly find any competitive movie production companies in Hongkong at the moment.

Altogether, HK's attractivness to foreign investors is on the wane, just like  Hongkong movies, music and TV dramas produced by TVB.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-26 20:20:53 |Display all floors
greendragon Post time: 2014-3-26 20:08
that's new for me, ted

Well, I hate to disappoint you. I'd say HK has been mainlandized. The most richest guys living in Hongkong are mostly real estate developers who have also made considerable investments in mainland.

Guess what? Hongkong used to have a thriving entertainment business; its film industry was a template for other Asian nations to emuplate back to  the 80s or 90s, including South Korea. Now South Korea is the leader of the pack in this industry, whereas you can  hardly find any competitive movie production companies in Hongkong at the moment.

Altogether, HK's attractivness to foreign investors is on the wane, just like  Hongkong movies, music and TV dramas produced by TVB.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-26 20:26:34 |Display all floors
greendragon Post time: 2014-3-21 23:35
please discuss, China intend to maintain 7% growth - yet REAL ESTATE meltdown seem to be in ...

why need to maintain 7% growth? cannot be 6% or 5%...as long as there are growth is good~
real estate will not meltdown in China...is just a matter of time, citizens will move to new area, when new businesses created in those new estates...

only in China can build/develop/construct a city...other countries construction are privatized, and due to this, only big developers are able to play this game, because they have the money to bribe the govt. for the tender...thus, these countries only able to construct a building or a town house...but this is not the case in China.

in China, the government is the developer...and they hire private architects...the game is different...when China build...they build a whole city...and wait for citizen and businesses to move in...

most of you will argue about price souring...this issue is already been dealt with...so no more high price caused by agents...slowly, poor and middle class citizen are able to purchase their home...sales are slow...but that doesnt mean a melt down at all~

people will get more...rooms will be filled...its nature...done case~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-26 20:59:55 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2014-3-26 20:17
Well, I hate to disappoint you. I'd say HK has been mainlandized. The most richest guys living in  ...

are you English?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.