Author: voice_cd

What's your impression on Nanluoguxiang?     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-4 15:37:40 |Display all floors
been a few years since I lived in BJ and haven't been there in a couple of years, but I had seen the changes of Nan Luo Gu XIang. In about 2006-8 some friends and I used to regularly go to NLGX for drinks, as it was a cheap student bar area with very few shops, restaurants or tourists. It was quiet, and a cool place to hang out. Within 3 years that was ruined. It was still a very good place to bring my tourist friends, as they like the bohemian style feel of cafes and craft shops, but I wouldn't go there myself now. The worst thing was all the locals who have become rich, since these Hutongs are so valuable, driving their 4WDs (SUVs) down the narrow alley beeping their horn to make the tourists jump out of the way. There was barely enough room to stand aside.
The good news is there are still hundreds of other hutongs inside the 2nd ring road. I recommend a walk from Yong He Gong Temple to the drum and bell tower, which will cut through BeiLGX. It's a fantastic day out and you can find some great traditional sites mixed in with the modern luxuries.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2014-3-5 07:58:44 |Display all floors
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION...
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-22 05:29:18 |Display all floors
so poetic and expressive  !
What's on your mind...we all have the rights to know the truth about MH730!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-5 01:22:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by whitney16 at 2014-4-5 01:23

I've never been to Beijing,maybe one day I'll visit it.  
Being honest, I prefer to travel in southeast countries rather than go to Beijing.
We love our home,though our feet can leave it,yet our hearts can't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-23 17:14:42 |Display all floors
I had gone there one time, Maybe It is fresh and funny for the people who never saw the old BJ street,but as one living inside,it common common...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-3 17:53:14 |Display all floors
snappysammy Post time: 2014-3-5 07:58
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION...

So am I.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-5 20:16:25 |Display all floors
Ive been there once and almost forgot it until I see this post

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.