Author: voice_cd

What's your impression on Nanluoguxiang?     [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-2-26 07:10:56 |Display all floors
xoce Post time: 2014-2-26 06:55
Since when there are no cars at NLGX?

No space, the lanes are too narrow and the corners too sharp

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-26 07:55:07 |Display all floors
My trips to Beijing included tours of some of the Hutongs. This one in particular was visited more than once. One of the reasons for visiting these Hutongs is to have a look at the past. Myself, coming from the Boston, Massachusetts area was brought up viewing history as a thing to remember. I am as I look back, happy to see that the historic values of where we came from, although most gone and forgotten have not disappeared entirely. As I see that modernization is a necessity, I fear that all we grew up with, will soon take second stage to all we will become. Although I find it doubtful that all the Hutongs will be destroyed, I would hope that more emphasis is put toward restoration and preservation of something of this value. Tourist traps as some may seem, it does draw the attention of many who wish to visit real history, and not the future of things to come. If I were given a choice of where to live, a modern apartment or an old dilapidated run down hutong, the choice would be more modern. However, my wish would be a updated and clean Hutong and not something as plastic as a modern highrise apartment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-26 10:09:47 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-2-25 18:10
The high rises they build are not for the local people as they can not afford them.

If are the ap ...

i kno even most of the public housing there, and here in NYC some folks start payin their way in the public housing (under the table talk)  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-2-26 10:15:14 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-2-26 10:09
i kno even most of the public housing there, and here in NYC some folks start payin their way in t ...

The limited public housing or subsidised housing in China is seldom anywhere near the city centre

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-26 10:39:34 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-2-25 21:15
The limited public housing or subsidised housing in China is seldom anywhere near the city centre

maybe differ from province to province there but i saw some in gaungzhou but like you sez most of the tenants there bought their way in not as in status qualified  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-26 10:43:07 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-2-26 10:39
maybe differ from province to province there but i saw some in gaungzhou but like you sez most of  ...

Certainly there are not enough.

Maybe developers should be made to include a proportion of social housing when they want to make a new devopment

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-26 10:55:14 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-2-25 21:43
Certainly there are not enough.

Maybe developers should be made to include a proportion of social ...

the housing developers for sure not gonna do that with their investment not unless the gov't asks dem to help in or else they just build more expensive condos & shoppin centers which most people dont need just like anywhere else on this planet earth  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.