Author: voice_cd

What's your impression on Nanluoguxiang?     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-26 02:51:18 |Display all floors
I have never had the chance to visit the hutong area but have marvelled via online photos. It will be a shame if the building frenzy destroys this architectural feat!

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-26 03:03:52 |Display all floors
I like the food there.You can eat what you want.
Just enjoy the atmosphere among people who don't know you at all!

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2014-2-26 03:07:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by satsu_jin at 2014-2-26 04:15

I visited this area twice or thrice while living in Beijing in the early to mid 2000s. I have to admit I was never really fond of Hutong areas. About ten years ago there was also a lack of sanitary installations. Personally I prefer a top modern city scape. Although I'm at least twice or thrice p.a. in Beijing I never revisited the area again. But, a promise, I will do it next time because from what I read in this thread there are now more commercial establishments which means the modern world has taken over.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-26 03:18:53 |Display all floors
it is a gorgeous HuTong. we used to have a lot HuTong like this but for the economic sake,Chinese government has them demolished, what a pity. it's like eliminate a part of your memory like it had never been happened, or your existance like you have never been to this world.
some old buildings have gone and they can never come back like it was. rebuilt is not always the best way. and we have no chance to right our wrongs.
we have realised our faults. maybe it's not so late to stopdemolishing any heritages more.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-26 05:37:44 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-2-25 12:05
Congratulations to President Xi for getting out amongst the people but these Hutongs are now tourist ...

just too many folks not enough to fill, so they want as high as possible to fill up to the rim like your kup of latte. and of course i want to have a hutong with the biggest courtyard for me to practice my taichi (maybe you can join me if you like)  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-26 06:55:49 |Display all floors
Since when there are no cars at NLGX?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-2-26 07:10:17 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-2-26 05:37
just too many folks not enough to fill, so they want as high as possible to fill up to the rim lik ...

The high rises they build are not for the local people as they can not afford them.

If are the apartments in China were actually used then maybe there would be less need to build more

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.