Author: Black.Tea

Humans Will Not Evolve Into Big-Headed Space Aliens [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-21 18:58:26 |Display all floors
Black.Tea Post time: 2014-1-17 10:53
I don't mind that genetically unintelligent people like you exist; what I do mind is not being abl ...

Hey Trans; what you fail to address is the importance of upbringing,culture,  lifestyle, opportunity, privilege & environment on "perceived" intelligence.

In the UK we refer to certain individuals as "upper class twits," why? Because having benefited from the best education possible and all the advantages that brings, qualifying individuals often fail to hold a grain of common sense between them. We also refer to those individuals as politicians.  

You equally fail to acknowledge that two individuals of seemingly "low" intelligence can have highly successful and bright children with decent levels of educational attainment. In fact, this is fairly common in societies with high levels of social mobility.

I presume you are using IQ as the primary determinant for intelligence. This in itself has been discredited for several reasons - not least in that it only measures certain forms of cognition linked with abstract thinking and not broader determinants of ability - given that IQ scores can also improve with practice, is this really a valid measure of anything?   

Use magic tools Report

anonymoustext
anonymoustext  Post time 2014-1-25 19:35:17
This post was edited by Anonymous at 2015-2-18 03:16

Deleted.

Use magic tools Report

anonymoustext
anonymoustext  Post time 2014-1-25 19:39:42
This post was edited by Anonymous at 2015-2-18 03:17

Deleted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-25 16:03:24 |Display all floors
Flynn effect: we are all getting smarter.  Case closed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-11 05:24:51 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2014-1-21 18:58
Hey Trans; what you fail to address is the importance of upbringing,culture,  lifestyle, opportuni ...

Well said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-11 05:31:31 |Display all floors
vk3ukf Post time: 2014-1-18 08:17
The middle of last century was supposedly the peak for human I.Q. as a species. It may change, but i ...

So, we just need more world education to make us all smart again.  Free universal education for all.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.