Views: 14551|Replies: 22

Watch: The CPC 'is with you along the way'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-6 22:19:10 |Display all floors

This three-minute video promoting the Communist Party of China has been circulating online, informing viewers that the CPC is "with you along the way." As the Wall Street Journal reports:

The video appears to be the latest effort by Chinese authorities to invoke soft power through video, though it's impossible to verify who made it. No credits appear that might identify a producer, and no source is named on Youku, the video-sharing website where it was recently uploaded.

The short video revolves around the theme of the Communist Party as a means for ordinary people to realize their dreams. The ad explicitly mentions and displays the "untold challenges" faced by China, with shots of a rubbish dump, traffic jams and industrial smokestacks emitting fumes.

Ordinary people tell the camera their dreams for the future:

A farmer says "I want a good harvest next year."
A waiter wants to start his own diner.
A woman in a field wants "an azure sky and cleaner water."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-9 20:19:52 |Display all floors
The CPC is making an effort to communicate with a newly-empowered consumer class. The price of national wealth is empowered consumers. This always leads to democracy (eventually). The new leadership of the CPC is wondering if it can find a way to retain power in democracy. This is a time of world-shaking change. I wish the CPC leadership good luck! If they play their cards right, the CPC will do better than the CPSU (Communist Party of the Soviet Union).
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-9 20:29:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-1-8 09:02
That is a joke on the topic of "soft power". An absolute joke. The Comrades don't understand the con ...

But Seneca, the CPC is changing. It's "good old days" are really over. It must (and is trying to) adjust to a changing culture in China. I don't mean to support the errors of the CPC in the past. Few in the CPC do (a minority of Maoists). Are you not somewhat hopeful now?
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2014-1-11 11:32:49 |Display all floors
One thing is certain. If you want a world free of war, don't look to the west.
The USA's only sustainable enterprise now is their war machine.
Practically every invention or product they brag about was a product of their never ending military efforts.
The irony is that the internet, which was developed for their military, will be their downfall.
People will refuse to be shipped off to some far away nation to kill or be killed simply so the rich can get richer.
Those days are coming to an end. The information age is opening up the truth for more and more people.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-11 14:09:40 |Display all floors
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-11 16:29:15 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-1-11 04:32
One thing is certain. If you want a world free of war, don't look to the west.
The USA's only sustai ...

Do not worry the US Armed forces are filling the ranks with Africans, they offer US citizenship
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2014-1-12 02:26:07 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2014-1-11 00:29
Do not worry the US Armed forces are filling the ranks with Africans, they offer US citizenship :' ...

Just one woeful chapter after another. But the USA is in decline. Technology is leveling the playing field.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.