Views: 12746|Replies: 12

Laowai's Beijing "Breathing Bike" [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-12-13 09:02:35 |Display all floors

Matt Hope is an artist from the UK. Living in Beijing for five years, he has observed the extreme environmental conditions. As an installation artist, he invented a bike to generate clean air for its rider.
Hope said he made this bike to bring more attention to the air problem and to spark discussion about what an individual can do about the poor air quality.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-13 11:56:39 |Display all floors
I admire his effort to raise the public for air pollution concern, but this pollution-inspired creativity will be considered as benifits from smog. Haven't you read Globaltimes listed the good points of "smog?
"China state media under fire for arguing benefits of smog..."
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-14 12:06:12 |Display all floors
interesting idea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-14 12:11:46 |Display all floors
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-12-15 01:00:50 |Display all floors
Thanks Sunnylin01. It make you think how each of us can help in our won ways to deal with pollution. Good innovation. Encouraging

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-12-16 15:22:20 |Display all floors
huaren2323 Post time: 2013-12-15 01:00
Thanks Sunnylin01. It make you think how each of us can help in our won ways to deal with pollution. ...

Seems laowais are more creative. We Chinese are more tolerant and live with smog without thinking of any options to improve our living conditions.

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-12-16 23:29:37 |Display all floors
sunnylin01 Post time: 2013-12-16 15:22
Seems laowais are more creative. We Chinese are more tolerant and live with smog without thinking  ...

Oh. But I have seen a man from Henan who put together a home made ventilator for his paraplegic son so that he can breathe artificially. I have also seen farm tractor in Sichuan used for many other usages. I will see if I can find it and forward it to you. Good day...Chinese are frugal and resourceful I think itis just that they do not attract attention because they are not highlighted often.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.