Views: 38989|Replies: 140

Amnesty for corruption   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-11-9 10:08:14 |Display all floors

Many local people feel corruption is embedded deeply into the fabric of government. They dismiss the efforts of the current leaders as a "temporary" fix and do not see the party cleaning up it's act in the long term. If the government is serious about catching "Tigers and flies", it seems there will be no one left to run the ship.

This is a very sad for China....
How then can the party restore the confidence of the people?

How can real "permanent" reform take root in a "sea of corruption"?

I can not blame those who engaged in this activity, when it was the "norm" for so many years. But I can blame them if they continue this behavior in the future.

I said it before.....

"No good comes out of a corrupt government" this money is "cursed" and will follow them and their family for the rest of their life.

To combat this, the government should enact a period of "Amnesty" for government officials to come "clean" with their illegal acts, in order to keep their position within the party. Full disclosure and the return of ill gotten monies is a huge step. Those who do not take this opportunity will face the risk of being caught by those who come forward.

It can be done and people are willing to come forward, if they have a way to "get out" of a system they could not avoid. Let them cooperate with those who are serious about making a better China and  reform her into a political system that will be the example for the world to follow and envy.

{:soso_e183:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-9 14:01:05 |Display all floors

Maybe for you could be a good idea but it sounds more like a joke or dream  to me,  thinking the people who commited this crimes will be willing to give up all what they got so easyly.

A possible amnesty could bring more corruption and the officials will play with the laws as they want.

When the corruption works inside one institution, one party or one system all are infected.

In Chinese government the corruption is a reality, there are a lot of corrupt officials but there are a lot of officials who really are working seriously  for their party and country and it´s in these ones who should keep working against their corrupt colleagues.

It´s a silly idea

And what about the officials who have higher position and never have been and never will be caught?

that will be the example for the world to follow and envy.

Your thoughts only will bring laughs and shame for China. That´s the problem in many Chinese, only thinks in to be recognized from the world instead to focus and work harder for their internal issues.

Do you think the world would envy China for whatever achieve it can get?

Laws have been created to be respected and make them work properly for any citizen of a country

(UYA, you´ve failed again trying to post a good thread but keep trying) {:soso_e181:}

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-9 19:59:45 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-10 12:04:30 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-11-9 14:01
Maybe for you could be a good idea but it sounds more like a joke or dream  to me,  thinking the pe ...

Your thoughts and reasonings are noted.
Seems you put some time in making a reply.
For that I thank you for your insiight.
(Will keep trying)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-10 12:14:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-11-9 19:52
No, I don't see any good coming from an "amnesty" from these profiteers. If you amnesty civil servan ...

Since most agree that the system is corrupt....
something needs to be done before it all goes south.
I'm sure there are many good people in the government that want to come clean with what they know and done. Once good people come forward, a cascade of events might unfold that would trigger a mass response that would force the higher ups to do the same or be shamed and caught. These people would be running to the CPC and in turn "clean house".
This would be a "onetime" chance for officials to do what is right. I'm sure many would take it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-10 12:20:27 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2013-11-9 19:59
There should be no amnesty.

They should start shooting a few "TOP" level corrupt officials.

I'm also a big fan of Xi.

Seems he is serious about the health and long term life of the party that represents the people.
My concern is if the government goes "head hunting".....
there would be no one left to run government.
Give these people a chance to set things right.
I'm hopeful that a chance to redeem themselves would snowball to a "great period" of upright citizens.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-10 12:39:54 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.