Views: 67131|Replies: 261

Why Chinese women want white skin?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-7-24 15:15:00 |Display all floors
In China, a preference for very white, pale skin remains prevalent. White skin is considered beautiful, and girls will do everything they could to have a pale skin. For example, some women prefer to wear long clothing that covers themselves from the sun in the summer, and some use cosmetic products to make their skin brighter.  While most Caucasians enjoy basking under the sunshine to get a tan look, why are Chinese women obsessed with having lighter and white skin? Is it cultural difference?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-24 15:45:48 |Display all floors
I have always been told it is because only laborers who work outside are tan, and that the women do not want to be associated with  poor farmers or migrant workers. A lack of a tan means that you are wealthy and do not have to work in the fields. I have no idea if this is true, but this was the explanation my Ayi gave me.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-7-24 17:00:29 |Display all floors
Maybe white is a sexier color than tan
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-24 17:35:26 |Display all floors
bright skin is safer in the darkness then dark skin
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-24 18:05:22 |Display all floors
Boilermaker21 Post time: 2013-7-24 15:45
I have always been told it is because only laborers who work outside are tan, and that the women do  ...

That´s what friends explained to me too.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-24 18:09:45 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2013-7-24 17:00
Maybe white is a sexier color than tan

For Chinese or Asians in general, maybe yesç
but probably is not sexier the real reason, maybe in post 2 you can get it better.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-7-24 19:36:28 |Display all floors
the same for fone textin message...here in the US people love to have smart fone service so that they can text allday long but not the case like in asia (textin is cheaper than make the actual fone call itself...now can you see the other side of the world)  {:soso_e114:}{:soso_e113:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.