Author: querist

Grammar Question: use of 了   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-19 04:01:54 |Display all floors
Alamaomao Post time: 2014-8-18 00:21
the first sentence can never been used by we chinese,but if a chinese teacher tell you that is rig ...

Thanks!

My main objective, of course, is to be able to use the language properly in a manner consistent with my education. In other words, I am a university graduate so I would like my use of your language to be consistent with its use by a native speaker who is a university graduate.
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-19 06:03:39 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2014-8-19 04:01
Thanks!

My main objective, of course, is to be able to use the language properly in a manner cons ...

hehe, this thread is a year old but you're still here and still interested. good example of persistence.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-24 10:27:47 |Display all floors
hehe6455 Post time: 2014-8-18 17:03
hehe, this thread is a year old but you're still here and still interested. good example of persis ...

Someone posted a reply a few days ago, so I thought I'd be polite and respond. :-)
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-15 01:12:00 |Display all floors
also we can use我去看电影了*...it means i'm goin to watch a movie  

*use at the end of the sentence indicatse a change of state
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-8 05:09:50 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-10-14 12:12
also we can use我去看电影了*...it means i'm goin to watch a movie  

*use at the end of the se ...

Thanks! That is an interesting use, because I would have thought that sentence would be 我去看电影.
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-8 22:06:48 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2015-1-7 16:09
Thanks! That is an interesting use, because I would have thought that sentence would be 我去看电影 ...

believe it or not lah makes it a whole lot different...OK lah  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-9 00:05:08 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2015-1-8 09:06
believe it or not lah makes it a whole lot different...OK lah

You misunderstand me, my friend. I believe you. I was simply surprised that one would use 了 there for that meaning.
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.