Set HomepageAdd a favorite

Chinadaily Forum

Forgotten your password?
 register

QQ登录

Views: 4465|Replies: 17

Chinese Translation of Climate Change Reconsidered Unveiled in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-27 08:45:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-6-27 07:53

Chinese Translation of Climate Change Reconsidered Unveiled in China                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
On Saturday June 15, 2013 an International Workshop was held in Beijing, China following the translation and publication of a Chinese edition of Climate Change Reconsidered. Over the past year, approximately 20 researchers worked on the translation, which represents an abridgement of the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change's (NIPCC)2009 and 2011 reports. This new volume represents a collaborative effort among the NIPCC and individuals from the Information Center for Global Change Studies and the Scientific Information Center for Resources and Environment of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the purpose of which translation was to stimulate academic discussion and promote scientific dialogue in the debate over potential CO2-induced global climate change.The NIPCC expresses gratitude to the organizations and individuals involved in the translation for allowing its views to be made available to researchers in the Chinese language. More information on the new Chinese translation can be found in the Translator's Preface, which can be accessed here. In addition, a PDF version of the translation can be downloaded here.

The Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change, or NIPCC, is an international panel of scientists and scholars who have come together to understand the causes and consequences of climate change. The NIPCC has no formal attachment to, or sponsorship from, any government or governmental agency. As an organization, the NIPCC seeks to objectively analyze and interpret data surrounding the potential biological and climatological consequences of Earth's rising atmospheric CO2 concentration. Its findings are available to the public in reviews and published reports found at www.nipccreport.org.

From left to right: Professor Jiansheng Qu, Dr. S. Fred Singer, Dr. Craig D. Idso, Dr. Madhav Khandekar, Dr. Robert M. Carter

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2013-6-27 17:58:15 |Display all floors
The people at CASS still think they have been taken for a self-promotional ride by the crooked Heartland Institute which is infamous for its disingenuous and manipulative P.R. exercises benefitting the air-polluting industries which want to stop any legislative work aimed at slowing down man-made contributions to the global warming.

WHO WANTS THE SUMMER HEAT TO RISE HIGHER?

WHO WANTS TO SEE PARTS OF CHINA BE PARCHED BY YEARLONG DROUGHTS?

WHO WANTS TO SEE THE SEA LEVEL RISING TO AS HIGH AS THE SECOND FLOOR OF BUILDINGS IN GUANGYHOU, HONG KONG AND SHANGHAI?
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2013-6-27 17:59:21 |Display all floors
Moderatoré

What is ?

Every post submitted in reply to Sans SOuci's SPAMMING is being monitored, vetted, checked, censored...

Why do you treat your posters so differently from how you treat a notorious spammer?
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-27 18:11:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-6-27 17:59
Moderatoré

What is ?

so you noticed that my two previous posts in this thread have been deleted.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2013-6-28 02:34:07 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-6-27 18:11
so you noticed that my two previous posts in this thread have been deleted.

No, I didn't notice them because the mods may have prevented them from appearing, but I did notice that every reply to crook Sans Souci's spam has to pass through the filter. This is very mysterious. Did the s kunky cur bribe the CD mods to vet all the replies and weed out dissenting voices????
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-28 08:33:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-6-28 02:34
No, I didn't notice them because the mods may have prevented them from appearing, but I did notice ...

Infiltration.

Heartless have send someone to infiltrate China Daily.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-29 18:33:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sansukong at 2013-6-30 13:16

Won't anyone think it would be a waste of time and effort for the Scientific Information Center for Resources and Environment of the Chinese Academy of Sciences to undertake the translations of the "Climate Change Reconsidered " by the UNIPPC, if not for the informative topics in the book  that are beneficial to " stimulate academic discussion and promote scientific dialogue in the debate over potential CO2-induced global climate change " ?

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...
Support[0]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

Archiver|   

GMT +8, 2014-11-29 16:16

Contact Us :

Office number : 86-10-84883534 , 86-10-84883548   Email: chinaforum#chinadaily.com.cn, Switch the # to @ when you send email to us.

Back to the top