Views: 20297|Replies: 62

[Original]Man of Steel   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-6-19 17:31:28 |Display all floors
Hello,

I just saw the movie "Man of Steel."  I will just point out the most unethical aspect of it: the main theme was that there was a planet called Krypton. After a while, Krypton decided that they wanted to become like China, so they implemented population control where all the offspring were genetically engineered to be perfect, with constant improvements as technology allowed for it.  All the fetuses were grown in artificial wombs.  After a while of doing this and creating better and better offspring which resulted in higher and higher levels of civilization on Krypton, certain elements in Krypton's government started to embrace Western Liberal Democracy and decided that it was immoral to have population control and to genetically engineer offspring and grow them in artificial wombs.  They started to promote the idea that government should not be involved in procreation and that individual citizens should be able to breed "naturally" without any restrictions; they also said that genetic engineering of offspring and artificial wombs should be banned, and instead people should breed the way they do in the United States: children being accidentally born due to two individuals giving in to libido and having unprotected sex, resulting in an unwanted pregnancy that they were not financially prepared to have.  

Around this same time, the planet of Krypton was having geological problems, and one politician in the government who supported Western Liberal Democracy warned his government that their planet will soon implode because the core was unstable.  No one believed him, so they did not prepare.  So, this politician decided to save his child, Superman, by sending him to Earth in a spaceship before the planet imploded.  But, since this politician did not believe in population control and genetic engineering, he and his wife secretly joined their egg and sperm, but did not alter the genes to make it better, and then they put the embryo in an artificial womb.  When the fetus was at the age analogous to a human fetus at nine months, they removed the fetus and put it in the spaceship and launched it to Earth.   

The movement of Western Liberal Democracy was becoming stronger and stronger in Krypton's government, so a general in Krypton's army decided to take action to stop it.  This general supported the population control policies, so in order to protect these practices, he carried out a military coup.  Right after Superman's father launched the spaceship carrying his offspring, there was a battle between him and the renegade general; the father told the general that their planet was about to implode, so he just now sent off his "natural" son who will keep Western Liberal Democracy alive on Earth.  This infuriated the general, so he killed Superman's father.  

The military coup ended up failing, and the general and his accomplices were sent to prison on a different planet.  Shortly after, the planet Krypton imploded and all the citizens died.  

Superman grew up on Earth and soon came across the computer on his hidden spaceship revealing to him that he was a space alien from Krypton.  Superman decided he would use his powers to promote Western Liberal Democracy on Earth.

The general who planned the military coup ended up escaping from prison, and he found Superman on Earth and was going to kill him to take revenge on his dead father and because he didn't want any of his species' members who were "natural" to be alive.  The general was also going to kill all the humans and rebuild Krypton on Earth, and then use a gene bank carrying the DNA of his species to regrow a new population of his species.  Superman ended up killing the general, saving Earth and the humans, and ensuring that Western Liberal Democracy would live on forever on Earth.  

So, the main political purpose of the movie was to carry out the extremely unethical act of discouraging eugenics and transhumanism in China for the purpose of preventing China from advancing.  

I am glad that this movie will not be allowed to air in China. {:soso_e181:}{:soso_e100:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-19 17:48:25 |Display all floors
This is the first detailed movie review I have ever done!  I'm exhausted!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-19 18:49:37 |Display all floors
THAT LITTLE "work" makes you exhausted? my job you could never do..
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-19 19:01:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Lepidolite at 2013-6-19 19:02
lionstar Post time: 2013-6-19 18:49
THAT LITTLE "work" makes you exhausted? my job you could never do..

My IQ is only 110.  I would be very grateful if China would be willing to contribute a medical procedure to me to help me boost my IQ, such as cell stem injections which can differentiate into neurons in my brain; IQ is positively correlated to number of neurons in the cerebral cortex.  More neurons allow for more synapses, which is analogous to more computer RAM.  Thickness of the myelin sheaths on the axons and dendrites is analogous to computer processor speed.   

I would use my increased IQ to help China advance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-19 19:55:15 |Display all floors
Maybe you could use your other brain. You know, the one between your legs.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-19 20:07:55 |Display all floors

OUCH !!!                  

I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-6-19 20:43:20 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2013-6-19 20:07
OUCH !!!         

His insult did not even make sense: What exactly is he asking?  That I engage in copulation?  How does the cells and tissue that make up the human reproductive system correlate with the cells and tissue of the human brain?  

If one is going to engage in the irrational act of ad hominem, might as well make it RamZPaul worthy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.