Author: querist

HSK Preparation Books with ANSWERS [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-26 03:56:24 |Display all floors
Which level you are planing to pass? Levels 1 and 2 are so easy that if you are living in China and hear Chinese every day you will not have any trouble passing. I got 199/200 and the only thing I studied was the list of words you need to know, all in pinyin. I doubt level 3 is much difficult, the only change is that you must learn the characters, which I had no time or motivation to spend time.

If you can pass level 6, it means your Chinese is very good and totally fluent.

Good luck.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-30 06:43:36 From mobile |Display all floors
Thanks for your good wishes. I think I am level 2 or maybe above that. However, it's so long since I did an exam I decided to do Level 1 now so I can feel what exams are like. If I am successful then I will do level 2 in the summer then think about 3. For me, Chinese language, history and culture (not to mention food!) is a bit of a hobby, but exam success is important for me.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-2 11:13:34 |Display all floors
Just so you know, I know that passing the HSK in and of itself does not mean I can really use the langauge

lol i agree with you. i can pass a bunch of tests but they dont mean much. neither knowledge nor intelligence is measurable. you can repeat things, it doesnt mean you understand them, either. thats why i think the world as we have it set up at this point in time is pathetic, and would be laughable if it werent so tragic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-6 05:34:36 |Display all floors
Daveofse3 Post time: 2015-1-30 06:43
Thanks for your good wishes. I think I am level 2 or maybe above that. However, it's so long since I ...

The level one is complete waste of time. If you know any Chinese you can pass the level 2 by just learning the list of words in pinyin required to HSK 2.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-17 06:21:40 |Display all floors
I understand that test success is not the same as using a language. I was in China in October and learnt a lot about speaking, and listening to, Chinese for real.  I also realise HSK-1 is easy but it's not a waste of time for me because I need to ease back into doing exams after decades away from language study.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-4 06:45:17 |Display all floors
I have now completed several tests from the Level 1 book and it's not true to say you can pass by just learning a list of words. Lots of the questions are quite subtle so I am glad I bought the book before trying the real exam at SOAS on 28 March.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-12 05:37:52 |Display all floors
I took HSK-1 and passed OK. Taking HSK-1 and buying the book were both a good idea. I was really nervous at the exam but knowing what to expect really helped.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.