Views: 15124|Replies: 14

HSK Preparation Books with ANSWERS [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-25 20:18:14 |Display all floors
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to take the HSK by the end of 2015 (before I turn 50) and I am looking for textbooks geared toward the HSK requirements that include the answers for the exercises. I have two nice sets of books that were given to me by my Chinese colleagues (in China) that are great except there are no answer keys, so I have no way to check if my responses are correct.

Can anyone recommend a book or series of books that are NOT sample tests (I have plenty of those) so I can be sure that I'm learning material that will help me pass the HSK?

Just so you know, I know that passing the HSK in and of itself does not mean I can really use the langauge, but I needed an objective and impartial metric so I could set an achievable and measurable goal, so I selected the HSK as that objective standard. I have opportunities to speak and use the langauge when I travel to China, so I can check my conversational abilities when I am there.

Thank you!

妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-30 03:51:30 |Display all floors
There are plenty of people here who claim to be Chinese language teachers. Surely some of you can recommend a textbook that has an answer key available to the general public for use in studying for the HSK.
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-7 07:11:13 From mobile |Display all floors
I am also thinking of doing HSK, before age 70 in my case. Foyles in London has HSK books but their web site does not give details. I am going there later in the week to look. What level do you want? Dave

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-8 05:06:54 |Display all floors
Daveofse3 Post time: 2015-1-6 18:11
I am also thinking of doing HSK, before age 70 in my case. Foyles in London has HSK books but their  ...

Thanks, mate, but I found some in China. :-) My request was from 2013.
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-10 05:09:50 From mobile |Display all floors
OK, anyone else looking, I just bought one of the "Simulated Tests of the New HSK" books. This is a series of 6 books, one for each level. book 1 is ISBN 978 756 192 8141. It describes the structure of the test in English and Chinese. It has 10 tests, with answers and a CD. I have not started using it yet but it looks really good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-23 07:26:44 |Display all floors
I have done the first couple of tests from Simulated Tests of the New HSK"  and I am really glad I did rather than walking into the test blind. I should say, last time I took a language exam Chairman Mao was running China! The test papers include 'banana skins' that I was not expecting. For example, they use words in the questions that are NOT in the vocabulary list. The first time this happened I panicked but actually the clue to the answer lay elsewhere in the question. Practice, from the book, enabled me to overcome difficulties like this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-23 07:29:01 From mobile |Display all floors
The Simulated Tests of the New HSK" book also contains a very good description of the exam structure, timing etc. which is very useful when preparing for the real exam. Dave

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.