Author: cmknight

A letter to a thief.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-5-21 09:27:36 |Display all floors
roninxian Post time: 2013-5-21 08:36
I can't believe that you had so many things, such expensive things, things that evidently meant emot ...

I will agree with you that, yes, it was careless of me, however, I had been awake since 5:00 AM, and was both physically and mentally exhausted from that day's work.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-5-21 09:50:32 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2013-5-20 15:30
moral of the story is, had that happened in Korea and/or Japan, she will have her possession back a ...

Anecdotal stories mean nothing. If you are trying to convince people that no valuables are ever lost
in Korean or Japanese taxis you're nuts!
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-5-21 09:52:51 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2013-5-20 16:20
You really should consider changing your profile from "engineer" to something which reflects your  ...

Maybe your attitude had something to do with your not getting your lost items back.
I'd be reluctant to return something to someone as abrasive and condescending as you too.
Now go lose something else so you can point fingers.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 10:18:10 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2013-5-21 09:52
Maybe your attitude had something to do with your not getting your lost items back.
I'd be relucta ...

That's funny ... especially when it's coming from an abrasive and condescending person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-21 10:47:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ifidie at 2013-5-21 10:48

I think the world needs both cynical and positive people. You can call me naive but would rather be naively happy and cheerful.

Come on people, look at the sky and it's a beautiful day. If it isn't it will be tomorrow.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-5-21 11:38:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-5-21 11:39

Sometimes when I'm checking-out from the hotel - I'm reminded, that for example I left a mobile charger. And this is in China. And it happened to me not once, but few times (mobile charger, laptop charger, and other "small things") ...So there are good examples - here in China.

Some years ago when I visited China and slept in the hotels only - sometimes I used to left a book that I finished - some "pocket books" for a travel  (with a note to pass it for free to anybody who is interested in it),  and even this was usually reported by reception to ensure that it is not an accident.

In HongKong, in government building of China, I left my camera on the seat.
I had really bad day, and because of it - I just forgot that I had it with me.
I found out that I left it - when I was walking out the elevator on the ground floor.
I came back - no camera.
It was not even surprise... so many people there.
But I asked one of the English speaking staff "sorry, I have no information that somebody found it". So, this time angry only on myself, I came down again, but security stopped me and asked if I haven't left something. "Yes I left, but it is probably picked up by some other man" - I replied. Then He asked me to come again to the office upstairs, and... there was my camera! Somebody handed it over to the reception.

So? - There are good examples of China too :)

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-21 12:56:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by futsanglung at 2013-5-21 12:57
Kbay Post time: 2013-5-20 13:47
Have you ever had anything returned that was lost in a taxi?
I

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.