Views: 7540|Replies: 41

Is China a homophobic country?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-17 15:18:30 |Display all floors
1.jpg

I don't approve of but have no objection to homosexuals, since it is their life, and they have the freedom to choose how to spend their life. But I'm still appalled to see the performance art by the college students. Do you think China is a homophobic country?

Six college students pretended they were dead on a street in Guangzhou, capital city of southern Guangdong province to call for equal treatment of gay people, Thursday, May 16.

The students, wearing T-shirts that have "Tong Xing Lian" (Chinese characters meaning gay) on them, were walking in downtown Guangzhou while some passer-by shouted "gay men are disgusting" at them. And next, they were seen lying on the ground, covered with white cloth that reads "homophobia kills gays".

According to them, they were using the performance art to raise people's awareness of the issue and fight for equal treatment of gay people in China.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-17 15:19:30 |Display all floors
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-17 15:19:43 |Display all floors
2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-5-17 15:19:58 |Display all floors
3.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-17 22:55:36 |Display all floors
Over-dramatized bullshit! If we have a policy of killing gays, they will not survive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-17 22:58:39 |Display all floors
If the public is truly against gays, they will not be so brave to make a show like this. Keep gay lifestyle away from public eyes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-5-17 23:44:35 |Display all floors
I heard of Drama Queen ..but they are drama kings...
What are they trying to prove or achieve...I guess just some publicity

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.