Author: dostoevskydr

Is Christianity Homophobic? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-18 02:20:27 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2013-4-17 23:08
No one is "painting" anything here.

No no...you are certainly picking some stuffs and trying to portray it as evil. Let me tell you one thing, there is no punishment of stoning for adulteress in Christianity nor any punishment to behead or stone anyone.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-4-18 02:21:49 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2013-4-18 02:20
No no...you are certainly picking some stuffs and trying to portray it as evil. Let me tell you on ...

Please re-read the article - You are missing the point !!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-18 02:23:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by querist at 2013-4-17 13:24
manoj10 Post time: 2013-4-17 13:19
Neither there is punishment of stoning

Actually, Leviticus 20:13 is pretty clear on that one. It states that they are to be put to death, but it does not specify how to perform the execution.

Please keep in mind that I am of the opinion that that specific one went out along with the requirments for the sacrifices, not wearing clothing made of a combination of two different types of materials, and the requirement to have four tassles on your cloak, etc.
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-18 02:26:13 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-4-17 23:23
Actually, Leviticus 20:13 is pretty clear on that one. It states that they are to be put to death,  ...

Please don't confuse old testament parables with the new testament. Old testament covenant was with the Israelites. The New Testament clearly says love the sinners, hate the sin.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-18 02:26:32 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2013-4-17 13:20
No no...you are certainly picking some stuffs and trying to portray it as evil. Let me tell you on ...

The New Testament does not pronounce any death sentences for any specific sins. The Old Testament, however, does. The problem at hand is determining which parts of the Old Testament Law no longer apply due to what happened in the New Testament. This has been a matter of heated debate for over two thousand years, and I doubt we will settle it here.
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-18 02:29:41 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2013-4-17 13:26
Please don't confuse old testament parables with the new testament. Old testament covenant was wit ...

The problem is that Christians do not simply ignore the Old Testament. Please see post 12 for a clarification.

Again, the problem and debate that has raged for over two thousand years is regarding which parts of the Old Testament law still apply and which don't. I have yet to encounter a Christian who has any problem with the Ten Commandments, and I am not aware of any Christian groups that still mandate the rules about two types of fabric in a piece of clothing or the sacrifices described in Leviticus, but just about everything else is open to debate and there are various groups with their own interpretations.
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-18 02:31:33 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2013-4-17 13:26
Please don't confuse old testament parables with the new testament. Old testament covenant was wit ...

And, for the record, I am not disagreeing with you on the "love the sinner, hate the sin" bit. Not at all. I am trying to point out that it is not as cut and dried as you make it out to be. There is still considerable debate over certain issues. Fortunately, prevailing laws in most countries prevent people from enacting the stricter sentences pronounced in Leviticus.
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.