Author: Hmoonhistorian

Can China save the world from Colonialism?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-4-8 13:37:20 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2013-4-7 16:49
China is building infrastructure in Africa in massive scale. With these infrastructures, Africa will ...

Seneca's n his bunnies will never understand this...
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-8 15:36:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-4-8 13:02
But that is a fact many Africans already know. Didn't you read Mr Sanusi's opinion? Ask ordinary A ...

You have repeated the name of Sanusi many times. But Sanusi is not an ordinary African. He is probably a corrupt official who failed to get what he wants from the Chinese.   

It is after all the Africans to decide whom to do business with. They no longer have to listen to the opinion of the former slave owners.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-8 15:41:43 |Display all floors
slimpanda Post time: 2013-4-8 13:37
Seneca's n his bunnies will never understand this...

Yeah, he is old. Have some mercy on him.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-8 15:48:17 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2013-4-8 15:41
Yeah, he is old. Have some mercy on him.

you are a dirty old tigress.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-8 17:19:46 |Display all floors
Hmoonhistorian Post time: 2013-4-6 14:55
I am sure China is not perfect and there will always be some thieves within China that the U.S. th ...

I think those who espouse a "holier than thou" are slow to point out their own misdeeds. The word "T*ibet" comes to mind? The term "calling the kettle black" comes to mind. And I make these statements not out of disrespect, but to paint a more honest, accurate painting of our respective countries' pasts. Also, you mentioned, I believe, a few wars that the US meddled where it wasn't there business. I believe Vietnam and Korea were mentioned. Funny that you paint China as the peace-loving, side-line observer nation in these instances. For, in fact, both Americans and Chinese soldiers died in these conflicts, did they not? You may claim that you were merely assisting your ally, but in fact that was what both countries were doing, was it not? China to stop the advance of Democratic forces and America to halt the advance of Communism? And please, you must admit, that Stalin's "purges" didn't contribute to advancing Marxist utopian ideals. At least, any utopia that observers would be interested in.

Again, I don't mean any disrespect to you. I would just like to contribute a more complete picture regarding your very well-made arguments.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-8 17:31:09 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-4-7 22:29
You are a massive liar and a thief. You have no mother land. No one in their right mind calls the  ...

I don't understand why you would speak such nasty and hateful things about someone you most certainly don't know and have never met. How could you have any idea this guy is a liar, thief, and has no mother? I would argue that being communist would make you less prone to stealing. Anything can be a liar. And if his mother has passed, than shame on you. This is no way to talk to another human being.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-8 17:33:57 |Display all floors
lostalien Post time: 2013-4-8 10:53
i am a US citizen and not interested in politics.

This appears to be a political thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you weren't interested in politics, wouldn't you be doing something besides posting in this political forum?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.