No quality
Over cooked
Cold
Burnt
Unhealthy
Not fresh

In plain language, no quality
Simply put together.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-3-29 12:19:12 |Display all floors
Yes I miss the street foods in Johore Bahru, Malacca, Ampang, J.B., Taiping and Penang...All with their variation. I like the Indian banana leaf dining too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-29 12:55:22 |Display all floors
Malaysian food chicken in pandan leaves.png

One of the MOST FAMOUS original Malay food, is the CHICKEN wrap in Pandan Leaves!
The herb leaves a most delightful flavour on the savory dish! Proper equipment available today makes this treat exceptional tasty and juicy!

Malaysian food rice in bamboo.jpg

The banana leave rice baked in BAMBOO is a most delightful meal that accompanies the Pandan Chicken.

Malaysian food pandan leaves.png

The PANDAN herbs, a very popular herb used in Malay cuisines!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-29 12:56:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by greendragon at 2013-3-29 12:57
huaren2323 Post time: 2013-3-29 12:19
Yes I miss the street foods in Johore Bahru, Malacca, Ampang, J.B., Taiping and Penang...All with th ...

I am trying to recall AUTHENTIC MALAY food that I enjoy during my youth.
I miss all these recipes, and is trying to recall what was available in the Malay food stall in the 1960's and 1970's now eclipsed by Indian, European, Arabian and Chinese influences!

Just a NOSTALGIA trip, i guess!

cheerios!

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-29 14:08:13 |Display all floors
Malaysian food Kaya jam.png

KAYA, a quiessential Malay spread on the Bamboo baked rice. It's made from coconut milk, eggs, flour and sugar steamed into a nutritious sweet sauce. Use widely on a big range of desert treats!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-29 15:08:20 |Display all floors
greendragon Post time: 2013-3-29 12:56
I am trying to recall AUTHENTIC MALAY food that I enjoy during my youth.
I miss all these recipes,  ...

young boy and quality are words that don't go together.........................
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-30 13:11:41 |Display all floors
Malaysian cold sago in gula malacca sweet sauce.png

Sago in Gula Malacca sauce is a nice cold desert treat. If the Chinese tourist can find the desert, it's delicious!

Malaysian food Gula Malacca.png

Gula Malacca is a SWEET SAUCE made from coconut water (There is sweet juices inside the coconut fruit). It's a widely used ingredient in Malay cuisine and still popularly used in desert.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.