Author: WarmWeather

Will Robots, Cyborgs, and Super-Humans Kill Off the Chinese People?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-3-25 11:30:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Sillyscorpion at 2013-3-25 11:30
LaughsatYou Post time: 2013-3-25 10:39
Not for chinese wages. And many won't for ethical reasons, anyone who is really top class would ei ...

China brain drain?

From the Wall Street Journal:
Mr. Hua, 48 years old, was educated in the U.S. and spent a decade there, starting an electrical-parts company. He returned to China in 1999 and came out of an early retirement in 2007 to create Inventronics.

He based the company in Hangzhou, about 110 miles from Shanghai, to tap a base of highly trained engineers and put the company's factory near its suppliers. That helps Inventronics develop new products rapidly and adapt them to customers' often narrow specifications.

"That's one of the key advantages of being located in China," Mr. Gua says.

A skilled labor force, a large domestic market and networks of suppliers have become important factors that rising wages or a stronger currency, which makes exports less cost-competitive overseas, won't snuff out quickly. And China's growing consumer market means that if higher costs make exports less profitable, manufacturers can sell more products at home.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 11:34:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Sillyscorpion at 2013-3-25 11:37

China is moving up, and the only thing I ask from China is that they give me an honest job so I can earn a living and not become homeless, and that they can perhaps boost my IQ by putting stem cells in my skull.  Is this too much to ask for?  Is it not noble to want higher intelligence so that one can use it to create technology for the good of mankind without any interest in earning huge sums of money, but just enough for a moderate lifestyle?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 13:00:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 13:02:07 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-25 13:07:49 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-26 16:30:09 |Display all floors
This thread terrifies my soul: it proves that there are many people and nations that hate China and will use science and technology to destroy China.  China has no choice but to be the first to develop the technologies mentioned in this thread to ensure they survive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-27 09:07:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2013-3-27 09:08
Will Robots, Cyborgs, and Super-Humans Kill Off the Chinese People?

....and Aliens and Gojira, you must not forget the Aliens and Gojira.

Here, i fixed it for you....

Robots, Cyborgs, Gojira, Aliens and Super-Humans will Kill Off the Chinese People!

You're welcome.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.