Author: LoneAcorn

Why correct inflection is important   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-7-3 21:04:36 |Display all floors
I speak with the wrong inflection rather often when I was in China, due to new vocabulary that I knew in my head but never spoke out. They corrected me with a question, to understand what I wanted to say, but they never once laughed...not even a smile, no teasing, no praise at chinese attempt... they correct you and then move on to the next thing, it was business as usual. I did not feel embarrassed at all, because they were so casual about it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-3 21:07:54 |Display all floors
snowipine Post time: 2015-2-8 11:10
Mandarin is very difficult for me to master, even more difficulty than English. Dialect ...

What dialect do you speak?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-25 17:03:49 |Display all floors
Most native Chinese are speaking in their local accent from the dialect that is not standard Mandarin compared with the announcers from radio or TV stations!

So be brave enough to speak loudly no matter it is right or wrong since this is a good stone for you to sharpen the knife of your foreign language!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.