Author: LoneAcorn

Why correct inflection is important   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-18 13:50:52 |Display all floors
Zoggles Post time: 2014-2-26 20:09
Very funny examples of how dual meanings can be taken from mispronounciation of tones.

However ...

yeah i also think so and the accent and inflection people will get used to that gradually,they don't need spend too much time on that which is really boring

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-18 17:40:48 |Display all floors
I know enough pinyin to type Chinese, but I never pay attention to the tones. When I speak to Chinese people in China, I find that these Chinese people are good enough at Mandarin to figure out what I'm trying to say. They correct my tones all the time. This is good enough for me!

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2015-2-8 11:06:17 |Display all floors
querist Post time: 2013-3-14 22:54
I'll be happy for that test, my friend.  And if I fail, I will learn from the experience an ...

What about your test result on Chinese, now?

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2015-2-8 11:10:29 |Display all floors

Mandarin is very difficult for me to master, even more difficulty than English. Dialect is hard to overcome.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-1 01:38:25 |Display all floors
snowipine Post time: 2015-2-7 22:06
What about your test result on Chinese, now?

I really need to come online more often, my friend. I just came back from China on Sunday, and I was there in December as well. No-one had any trouble understanding my Mandarin while I was there and I received several compliments on my pronunciation.

I had a wonderful time in Wudang, the home of Taijiquan, as well as Guiyang and Guangzhou. I love China!
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-1 04:03:25 |Display all floors
Must be embarrassing speaking the language as a beginner. You don't want to be saying Ma's horse when what you intend to say is Ma's mother. It is just not acceptable yet you see them smiling at you and waiting till you perfect the language.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-3 21:00:15 |Display all floors
rkn Post time: 2015-6-30 15:03
Must be embarrassing speaking the language as a beginner. You don't want to be saying Ma's horse whe ...

It can be embarassing... and sometimes funny. I accidentally said 吻 one time instead of 问. Fortunately, at least, I was (1) speaking to a lady and (2) that lady was a very good friend with a sense of humour. We laughed about it and joked about it ever since until she just passed away this June.
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.