Post time 2012-12-24 15:40:48 |Display all floors
Activity type:
Online activity
Start time:
2012-12-24 15:25:00 to 2012-12-27 15:25 agreed on
Activity location:
Number of registered people:
11 Person

Thanks to our members' enthusiasm and thanks to the hard work of the panel of judges – LoneAcorn, Ratfink and expatter, the second issue of the translation contest is now successfully closed.

According to the judges' picks,  winner(s) of this time's contest is lizachen, congratulations!

Now we present you with the third issue of this contest and hope more members could join it! (To read the entries for the second issue and the judges' excellent comments, please go to
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/forum.phpmod=viewthread&tid=812996&page=6#pid2955428

Format of the contest: Anyone who wishes to enter the competition is required to translate a short Chinese pictorial story into English. Click on the “I want to join” to join the activity and simply reply to the thread to post your entry.

Duration of the contest: This contest series will be a weekly one. Normally we post the story on Monday for translation and will announce the winner on the next Monday.

Panel of Judges: expatter, col, ratfink, LoneAcorn. We have invited a panel solely made up of native speakers or proficient English speakers to comment on every entry and select the winner of the contest.

Deadline for Entries: 10 am every Thursday.

十岁男孩为母亲撑起一片天
当别的孩子都在学校读书、玩耍的时候,十岁的胡镓豪却在医院里担负起照顾患病母亲的重任。三年前胡镓豪的父亲因尘肺病去世,今年母亲也被查出患上同样的病。为了不再失去妈妈,胡镓豪陪着妈妈来成都就医。镓豪还有一个十四岁的哥哥镓镓,考虑到镓镓已经长大,可以照顾自己,而镓豪太小,只有带在身边才能放心,所以杨能芬带着镓豪来成都治病。可没想到住院以后,反倒是年幼的儿子承担起了照顾妈妈的责任。

1.jpg

十岁的小镓豪和十四岁的哥哥镓镓陪伴在妈妈病床前。
2.jpg

帮妈妈洗脸、洗脚、擦身子,都是小镓豪每天必须要做的事。
1.jpg

小镓豪向医院借了辆轮椅,推着妈妈去食堂吃饭。

Passed (11 Person)

Leave a message Application date
grace221798

want to join

2012-12-26 10:46:49
Revive

Count me one

2012-12-25 23:11:11
chenapple

I want to join, thanks

2012-12-25 20:06:41
悄然云舒

Hi,buddy

2012-12-25 17:44:58
jimmy82213

i want to join in , give me a chance to show.

2012-12-25 17:34:48
XIAODIAN

I WANT TO JOIN

2012-12-25 15:26:39
tiffany0898

I want to have a try, please give me a chance. Thank you.

2012-12-25 14:40:25
chrysazeng

i am coming...

2012-12-25 13:16:47
evelyn_austen

I want to join it

2012-12-24 23:06:01
waiboshu

Count me in

2012-12-24 17:26:22
Lizachen

Here I come.

2012-12-24 16:44:45

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 16:47:55 |Display all floors
10-year-old boy props up a stretch of sky for his mother
十岁男孩为母亲撑起一片天

When other kids play and study in school, 10-year-old Hu Jiahao is still in the hospital, taking care of his sick mother. Jiahao's father died of pneumoconiosis three years ago and unfortunately his mother fell ill from the same disease this year. In order to cure his mother, Jiahao accompanied her to Chengdu for treatment. Jiahao has an elder brother, Jiajia, 14. Considering Jiajia who is already a grown up and can take care of himself, Yang Nengfen took Jiahao, whom she deemed too small to be left alone, to Chengdu for treatment. Unexpectedly, after being hospitalized it is the younger son who takes the full responsibility of caring for the mother.
当别的孩子都在学校读书、玩耍的时候,十岁的胡镓豪却在医院里担负起照顾患病母亲的重任。三年前胡镓豪的父亲因尘肺病去世,今年母亲也被查出患上同样的病。为了不再失去妈妈,胡镓豪陪着妈妈来成都就医。镓豪还有一个十四岁的哥哥镓镓,考虑到镓镓已经长大,可以照顾自己,而镓豪太小,只有带在身边才能放心,所以杨能芬带着镓豪来成都治病。可没想到住院以后,反倒是年幼的儿子承担起了照顾妈妈的责任。
Little Jiaotao(L), 10, poses for a photo with his elder brother Jiajia (R), 14 and his mother (M) who lies in a hospital bed.
十岁的小镓豪和十四岁的哥哥镓镓陪伴在妈妈病床前。

Helping his mother wash her face, feet and scrub her body is what little Jiahao must do every day.

Little Jiahao borrows a wheelchair from the hospital and pushes mum to the cantine for lunch.
小镓豪向医院借了辆轮椅,推着妈妈去食堂吃饭。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 16:50:44 |Display all floors
Lizachen Post time: 2012-12-24 16:47
10-year-old boy props up a stretch of sky for his mother
十岁男孩为母亲撑起一片天

Sorry, as a newcomer, I can't edit my translation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 17:28:55 |Display all floors
10-year-old kid holds up the sky for mother

When other kids are studying and playing at school, 10-year-old Hu Quanhao has to stay in hospital to take care of his sick mother. Three years ago, Quanhao's father died of pneumoconiosis, unfortunately  his mother was diagonosed the same disease this year. Jiahao has a brother called Jiajia who is 14 years old. Considering Jiajia has grown up, his mother take Jiahao with her when she decided to go to the hospital in Chengdu for treatment. Unexpectedly, it's the younger son who shoulders the responsibility
to take care of her.

10-year-old Jiahao and 14-year-old Jiajia are acccompanying their mother.

It's little Jiahao's duty to help his mother wash her face, her feet and her body.

Little Jiahao borrowed a wheelchair from the hospital and took her mother to dine at canteen.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-24 19:22:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by expatter at 2012-12-24 19:23
Lizachen Post time: 2012-12-24 16:50
Sorry, as a newcomer, I can't edit my translation.

Write it again ........

Recheck it then post  ........

Clearly state at the top that this is your entry # and not the other one #  .......

Delete the old post or ask CD to do it for you  ...........     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-24 23:54:29 |Display all floors
A 10-year-old boy puts up the sky for his mother

When other kids play and study in school, Hu Jiahao, a 10-year-old boy, has taken the responsibility of taking care of his ill mother in hospital. Three years ago, his father died of from pneumoconiosis. Unfortunately his mother also suffered from the disease this year. Afraid of losing his mother, Hu Jiahao accompanied mom to go to Chengdu for seeing a doctor. Jiahao has a brother who is 14 years old, called Jiajia. Considering Jiajia has grown up to look after himself, the mother – Yang Nengfen just feels relieved to have little Jiahao accompany her. Unexpectedly, while in hospital, Jiahao takes the responsibility of taking care of his mother.

10-year-old Jiahao and 14-year-old Jiajia sitting beside their mother’s bed

Cleaning mother’s face, feet and body is Jiahao’s daily duty

Little Jiahao pushes forward a wheelchair borrowed from the hospital to the mess

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-25 13:54:13 |Display all floors
4-year -old boy holds up the whole sky for his mother
十岁男孩为母亲撑起一片天

When all the other peers are at scholl studying and playing, 10 years old boy Hu jia hao has already taken up the great responsibility of taking care of his seriously sick mother in the hospital. Hu jia hao's father died of pneumoconiosis three years ago, and his mother was diagnosed suffering the same disease this year. In order not to lose his mother as well, Hu gallium hao decided to acompany his mother to Chengdu for treatment. Gallium has an elder bother Jia jia, who is 14 years old. Corsidering Jia jia has grown up and be able to take care of himself, while jia hao is too young, she is only relieved   if she takes him with her, so Yang nengfen took jia hao to chengdu for treatment. But what she didn't expect is that it has been her young son who have beeing taking care of her since got in the hospital.

十岁的小镓豪和十四岁的哥哥镓镓陪伴在妈妈病床前。
10 years old little jia hao (L)poses for a photo with his brother(L),14 years old and his mother(M) beside the hospital bed.

Helping his mother washing her face,feet and scrubing her body has become little Hao's daily routine.

小镓豪向医院借了辆轮椅,推着妈妈去食堂吃饭。
Little Hao borrows a wheelchair from hospital , carrying his mother to the hospital canteen.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.